Audio has disappeared from project

Hi there, I’ve been working on a project for a few days using Cubasis and Ampkit. Last night I was doing some editing when the waveforms in the recorded audio disappeared and were replaced by a big X filling each box. The audio still played back so I thought it was a waveform rendering bug. This morning I opened the project and the audio boxes were empty and none of the audio plays back. Nothing plays back except the MIDI drum track. I hit the undo button a couple times and about 20% of the audio reappeared. It’s like Cubasis lost the references to the audio files that I pasted in from Ampkit. I checked in the Media folder and the files are all there but I don’t really like the idea of having to sort through them all and re-paste them back into the tracks. Is there a way to fix these apparently broken references?

Hello,

the big X is drawn when Cubasis cannot find the Audio file. This could happen if the reference to the file is broken or if the file is missing.

Do you still know what action caused the bug (for instance undo?), or is it even possible for you to reproduce this bug?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi Frieder,

I believe I had moved an audio region when the Xs appeared. The files that I had pasted in from Ampkit were still in the media bay and I was able to add them back to the tracks. One acoustic track that I recorded directly into Cubasis was cut off at the end. I haven’t seen the error since.

I will make sure I back up projects more regularly. Is a snapshot sufficient to back up the project and all the audio files in the project? Is it possible to use the wifi server to copy a backup to a computer? I use Linux and I’d rather not have to use iTunes.

Thanks,

Brian

Same here! i worked with the audioeditor to fade in! After i do that und undo this step all my audio files were lost!
I didnt find a way to get them back! )-: but this was just one time since i use this app!
Sorry for my bad english!

Hello Brian,

yes, the WiFi-Server does the trick. Connect your iPad and your computer to the same network, enable the WiFi-Server, and open the URL that is displayed in Cubasis. Then you can download the files that are related to your project. Make sure that your Audio files are stored in the MediaBay before creating the backup (Open them in the Audio-editor and click on “Save to Media.”)

Snapshot will not backup your audio-files. It creates a copy of your project file so that you can keep specific states of your project.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi Frieder,

Thanks very much for the replies. So just to clarify, if you don’t save the audio to the media bay it won’t be backed up when you download the project files? Would it be better to export the project to a .CBP file and then copy it over? That would encapsulate the entire project, correct?

Brian

Hello,

thanks for asking for clarification. My previous reply was indeed not completely correct. Storing files in the MediaBay is not necessary for downloading them with the WiFi-Server (only for being able to access them in the audio folder).

The recommended way to share projects is to select “Share” → “Zip” in the project folder. Than you can download the zip-file using iTunes File Sharing or the WiFi-Server. Everything related to that project will be included in the zip file.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Excellent, thanks again for the quick response! Exporting via zip file over wifi is what I started doing.

Looking forward to the new update!

Brian