Pops - Clicks - Pauses CI1

turn your wifi off for a start… you say it’s the wireless lan driver then while using the software turn it off ,daw’s are not ment to be run with wifi only cat cable ,bluetooth is normally a no no , it depends on what you want , whats your buffer sizes ? .are you using the ci1 for all online applications as well ?

I know i didn’t mention this in my last, sorry, but I still have these issues even with wifi turned off and this is all under the DPC latency checkers radar now (it doesn’t detect any problems anymore, but they’re obviously still there). I’ll elaborate a bit more on what happens: I get high volume pops and clicks (glitch sounding) through the output (speakers). The output pops/clicks are accompanied by a sharp and sudden near-eardrum-bursting (even higher volume) white noise attacks which seems to come at random and have no definite duration. I also get pops/clicks/skips through the input and no my mic is not the problem on that end, I’ve already ruled that out.

I checked around and there was a thread on a different forum with a similar issue but it didn’t have anything to do with steinberg and didn’t solve any of my issues. But for reference, the thread can be found here: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/52935-network-usage-causes-high-dpc-latency-4.html

I had no issue recording through me regular mixer, an Allen & Heath ZED 12fx, but it mostly for live performances so it lacks some features that the CI2 has that I really like for recording. I also have no issue whatsoever when I use my friend’s Mac to record with the CI2… So this must be an issue between my computer and the CI2 as these problems are nonexistent elsewhere. I’ve double checked everything. I have the proper drivers installed for my OS, and my DAW buffer size through ASIO4All is high enough. No bluetooth either. Could be a conflict with some hidden system file in windows (these windows irregularities are not uncommon), I’m thinking of upgrading to Windows 8 to see if that might help. Any thoughts?