Known issues with Cubase 7 and CMC

Having read and understood that there are a few bugs to be ironed out, esp. with the QC, I have purchased all of the CMC units with the confidence that Steinberg will get these dealt with.

I may be superstitious, but I’ve gleaned from various posts that for the installation and particularly the firmware update, the unit should be plugged directly into a USB port rather than over a hub, and that any other CMC units should not be attached at this time. After the update the unit may be disconnected and then used over a hub.
True or false, this is what I did, and had absolutely no problems. In fact, because I have too few USB ports, I’ve daisy chained the hubs for the CMC units to another hub i.e. I have 2 7-port hubs reserved for the CMCs (plus a remote numeric keypad which I use for remote transport control) and these are plugged into another 7-port hub which is plugged into the PC. This works without any problems, the ports are each separately powered, but it seems to work even when the secondary hubs are not being powered (I power them anyway to prevent overloading (heating) the first hubs wallwart).

Now I have a question, or rather suggestion (plea) for Steinberg.
In windows Devices Control panel, there is an applet for the Yamaha midi driver. This has a tab for each CMC device, displaying a matrix and options. Nowhere is the function of the various matrix settings and options explained.
Would it be too much to ask that the Control panels be explained in a future update of the user manual or quickguide?