Pro vs. Basic

I’m wondering where I can read about PRO? I looked at the manual pdf and while others say it’s included, I can’t seem to locate where in the manual.

I assumed that in the Pro version you’d be able to drag and drop some wav file into the PSPro and work with it? Is that wrong?

All pro features are listed in the manual.
I suggest starting at page 5… There, there are tutorials which demonstrate the power of padshop
Page 9 shows some sample information…

And yes, you can drag and drop samples into padshop… Even from your desktop of some other folders on the pc. The samples will then be listed in the sample browser section in padshop under 'user samples,.

" EXCLUSIVE PADSHOP PRO FEATURES
Sample import via drag-and-drop for advanced sound design projects and custom presets
3-band parametric EQ per layer for clarity and smoothness in the mix
Algorithmic reverb to enrich your sound with fullness and athmosphere
50 new presets with athmospheric pads and evolving sounds"

I am happy that i upgraded if you havent noticed by now :wink:

Have fun :slight_smile:

Thanks GG. I’ll pay more careful attention.

Aug

Hi,

I have Padhop Pro, however sometime for broad compatiblity reasons I’d like to use the Padshop Basic version too.
In the Plug-in information window there is just one item, the Padshop.vst3.

How to access the Basic version if I have already a Padshop Pro in my eLicencer?

thanks,
B.

what are broad compatibility reasons?

I want to use Padshop sounds that every cubase user have and can load.

So, is there any way to use the “light version” Padshop?

I see…

there are 50 new presets that come with the pro version… just don’t use any of those sounds and it might work;)

or-> the pro upgrade is only 10$ … I am sure people can afford this and there is no need for you to downgrade :wink:

Shouldn’t really need to see the basic Padshop for this. Perhaps the sounds are somehow identifiable in MediaBay?

I think ‘basic’ and ‘pro’ are actually the same file, and that upgrading simply unlocks the extra pro features. So, in other words, there’s no ‘basic’ version to revert to.

Hello,

the sounds can be identified in the Padshop Preset Browser.

Clicking on the “Setup Window layout” button in the lower-left corner of the Preset Browser and enabling “Location Tree” will allow to click on the “+” button beside the Padshop entry. There, the Padshop and Padshop Pro entries are separated (Factory and Factory Pro), so one can selectively display and load the presets for the two versions.

Best,