Does Cubasis have remote control functions like ic_pro

Does Cubasis have remote control functions like ic_pro

Postby knuckle47 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 am

I couldn't be more pleased that am a Cubase user and thankful it was recommended to me when I first walked into the shop in 2004 even though it is way more than i probably ever needed...While that was 2.0 SL and I am using Cubase 7 today, I have not yet graduated to being a knowledgeable user.

Technology has advanced a lot and I have all I can do to keep the Bluetooth connected to the car and change the time on my radio every 6 months.

That being said, I am looking to remotely control the start/stop functions for recording in Cubase 7 and find Cubase ic_pro as the app to use on the iPad . However, being able to tweak my tracks on the iPad while at work or elsewhere with Cubasis is very desirable to me.

Question is: can Cubasis also function as a remote for Cubase like ic_pro? Long winded explanation ....sorry
PC Win 7 64bit | VST Instrument Collection | i7 3930 | 32gb Corsair ram : MOTU 896 HD FireWire, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256gb Win 7 OS | 2nd Crucial 64gb with Cubase 7.5.2| WD 2 TB Caviar Black | 500gb project drive | Cubasis and iPad 4th 64gb. Guitarist not really a keyboard player, but tryin' like hell
knuckle47

Re: Does Cubasis have remote control functions like ic_pro

Postby Frieder » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Hello,

no, Cubasis does not have remote control functions. This is indeed the task of iC Pro.

If you have any further questions let me know.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby knuckle47 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you, occasionally I just need a push in the right direction.

Can I assume that Cubasis and ic_pro will co-exist on the same pad and provide their individual uses without conflict?
PC Win 7 64bit | VST Instrument Collection | i7 3930 | 32gb Corsair ram : MOTU 896 HD FireWire, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256gb Win 7 OS | 2nd Crucial 64gb with Cubase 7.5.2| WD 2 TB Caviar Black | 500gb project drive | Cubasis and iPad 4th 64gb. Guitarist not really a keyboard player, but tryin' like hell
knuckle47

Postby Frieder » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 pm

knuckle47 wrote:Thank you, occasionally I just need a push in the right direction.

Can I assume that Cubasis and ic_pro will co-exist on the same pad and provide their individual uses without conflict?

Hello,

I would not expect any negative intererence between iC Pro and Cubasis if they are installed on the same iPad.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Return to Cubasis