Piano Rock Song-Need Feedback Please!

I’m not sure what your definition of mixing is Bane. For myself and many others mixing is the whole compositional process from beginning to writing/recording the idea into the DAW right up until you export as a wav file ready to be mastered. At which point nothing in the mix would change since mastering is post-mix.

I run Cubase Artist, and before that Elements neither of which feature a Maximizer, the last step in the mastering chain. So I couldn’t master in Cubase myself. You’ll have to Google/Youtube for some review comparisons in addition to Kevin’s recommendation of the product.

The presets in Ozone really are great though, selecting a genre specific gets near enough the right kind of sound. I haven’t done other styles for a while but for my orchestral pieces I have some subtle EQ, a very low amount of reverb that can barely be heard because the other recording hall reverbs have to be on during the mix/recording, some subtle harmonic excitation, some compression, subtle stereo thing and finally maximizer to pump the volume up.

As I’ve suggested before, even just reading the introduction of the manual and the brief descriptions of what each part does will give you the best idea if you want to invest in the product or not. The manual is available free from their website and as they say in it even if you don’t buy the product the manual contains general mastering information that is beneficial. Along with QL Spaces reverb it’s one of the best products I’ve invested in.