Group Channel - Weirdness

I have had a group channel = Drums Group

Created in a template project along with 5 other groups

I had to delete it because it would not work, anything routed to it was silent?, and I checked everything, all the other groups of that project behaved as expected.

To test it was that group track mis-behaving, I created a new group track ‘DRUMS’ routed as I wanted, and it all worked as expected? :confused:

So then I just deleted the one causing problems? So no harm done but,

Has anyone had this? Is there a setting that’s not obvious I’ve inadvertently set incorrectly and caused this (I could not find any error in my set up of this track)

This has happened to me one since i upgraded to 7 on a new project and once on an old 6.5 project. I couldn’t figure it out so i just deleted the group track and created a new. Hasn’t happened again

+1 Had the same issue and used the same work around.

I am having Group Channels actually disappear. Twice in one day now. Save the project, go back in later and the Mixer shows the Group Channel, but I cant route to it from a track. It is frustrating as I have the group all setup with plugins. Now I get to delete it and start again…only to probably do it again later.

UPDATE: I figured out what is doing it…I have a vocal track preset that I created. I loaded that on the GROUP VOCAL track, and it made it lose its “GROUP” channel. It turned it into a regular track on the Project Window, but it still appears as a GROUP channel on the Mixer…albeit I cant route to it.

Hi

I have had exactly the same problem. I have a vocal preset I made up. I put it on a group track, route my vocal tracks to it. All fine.

I save, close and when I return to the project at a later date the group track doesn’t work.

You say your work around is to create a regular track! Can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean!

This problem is very frustrating.

Cheers!

no, we’ve been just re creating the group that’s gone wrong

create the group channel again from scratch, doesn’t take long unless there’s loads of complexity to the actual group with inserts and EQ, and strip.

So hang on yes, this is a real PITA for some people,

Sure it will get a fix with the update due in Feb though,

In my instance I know I wasn’t doing anything to cause it, so its not proper behaviour of Cubase, I’m sure they’re onto it

:smiley:

I am having the exact same problem. Has it been confirmed that the Feb patch will fix this?

I deleted my Cubase 7 presets, as well as my Cubase 6 presets and started Cubase 7. Created a Group and an FX channel track added some inserts. Took two audio tracks and setup the Group channel as a send, and for the other audio track setup the FX channel as a send. Saved the project. Exited, restarted Cubase 7, and still have the same issue.

I’d be interested to see if your problems go further than this. Mine do. Here’s what happens:-

1. Create Group Channel.
  2. Route desired channels to this. All is fine.
  3. Set (sometimes complex) fx. All is fine.
  4. Finish for the day.
  5. Startup again and find:-

Group channel has become something else. This ‘something else’ shows nothing in the inspector. Cannot be routed to (as it is no longer listed as a destination) and, possibly most importantly, Disc Cache Load is maxed out - even when not playing.

Deleting the ex-group channel (the one that has fouled up) causes the Disc Cache Load to drop to normal.

This does not happen to every group track but it’s happening enough to cause group tracks to be unuseable.

Thanks for that, filterfreak. :smiley:

your welcome :wink:

I do get this behaviour, except I don’t get the Disc Cache Load maxed out.

"Group channel has become something else. This ‘something else’ shows nothing in the inspector. Cannot be routed to (as it is no longer listed as a destination) and, possibly most importantly, Disc Cache Load is maxed out - even when not playing. "

Group Channel and FX Channel become “orphaned” when used with a track preset loaded as an insert and the project is saved then reloaded. This happens to me 100% of the time. If I don’t select a track preset, but select inserts “manually” then the group/fx channel is still there and working as normal when the project is loaded.

When I assign several tracks to a group and use the individual track sends for reverb on an fx channel the group does not fade out the reverbed sound only the dry pre send sound. This didn’t happen before???

Yes, it did… If you’ re talking about using the group channel’s fader.