Miroslav Phil as VST in Win7 and Cubase 6

I have reviewed the old posts but can’t seem to conclude definitely whether or not the Miroslav Philharmonik sample library will play as a VST in Win 7 in Cubase 6 Elements WITHOUT a bridge. Could somebody please answer this ?

My Miroslav plays fine as a standalone. When I tried it as a VST it does not show up in my Plug-Ins directory even after I try to add the path to the Miroslav .dll I am aware from prior posts about moving the .dll into the Steinberg directory, etc., but again don’t understand if something like that gets Miroslav to play nicely with Win 7 and Cubase as a VST or whether I should forget it. I just don’t have the time right now to dork with bridges, etc.

Thanks for any answer or pointers if indeed it IS possible.

Bob

It will work in 32-bit Cubase without a bridge. 64-bit Cubase will require use of a bridge since Miroslav Philharmonik (I’m assuming you are referring to the IK software) is 32-bit only. The built-in Cubase bridge works with no user input. It’s a bit of a resource hog but it works with it. I don’t use jBridge so I’m not sure if it works more efficiently with that or not.

So, are you trying to use it in 32 or 64-bit Cubase?

If you are certain Cubase is set to look in the folder where the .dll is located and it still doesn’t show you could try deleting the Blacklist folder and restarting Cubase.

Scab- many thanks for the quick and definitive answer. Its what I was afraid of as I’m running 64 bit CB

But a couple follow-ons:

1. Can CB 32bit and 64 bit co-exist on the same machine and does it cost me another install authorization to add the 32bit version to the same machine ?
  2. I didn’t understand your comment “The built in Cubase bridge works with NO USER INPUT”. Must be stupid but I didn’t understand what the “no user input” means.
  3. Regarding the “built in” Cubase bridge I assume the manual will cover where it is and how to use it ? But if not is there a thread or other resource that cuts through the gorp on how to get it working with Miroslav. Its actually not worth alot of time at the moment since I’m still playing with my new EWQL Symphony Choirs in 64 bit CB.
  4. What exactly does the blacklist folder do and is there any adverse consequence of stubbing it out ?

Again, thanks for the answer to my main question- you saved me alot of time trying to do something that is impossible, getting Miroslav working in 64 bit CB.

Bob

When you authorized, you received a license. Your license works with any Cubase versions equal to or lower than what is on the license. Other users in the forum have both 32 and 64-bit installations on the same machine.

Not that it help much, but I stopped using the 32-bit version of Cubase as soon as a 64-bit version became available. Have not had many problems with the plugins that I use.

bcarwell, you might have slightly misunderstood me.

Miroslav will work in 64-bit Cubase. I must admit I’ve not tried it with Elements 6. I have Elements 6 on my laptop but don’t have Miroslav installed on that computer. I have it working in both 64-bit Cubase 6.5 and 7 on my main desktop machine running Windows 7.

The VSTBridge works automatically when using a 32-bit plugin with 64-bit Cubase. No action needs to be taken on the user’s end.

I’m definitely not an expert in this area. I do remember installing a couple of plugins in the past (wish I could remember which ones) that didn’t show up upon launching Cubase the first time after. Closed Cubase, deleted the Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml file (file, not folder - sorry), relaunched Cubase and all was well. It’s located within the classic “trash your preferences” folder which can be accessed directly from the Windows start menu. It might be worth opening the file to see if anything is obvious relating to Miroslav. If you delete it Cubase will rebuild it next time you launch the program.

Are you absolutely sure you have directed Cubase to search the folder containing the Philharmonik .dll?

Scab,
Glad I followed up on your post, as you’re correct I completely misunderstood.
Everything is clear now and I’m much happier as I really wanted
to play with Miro and get some chops before graduating to Big Boy pants and EWQLSO, VSL, HS, etc.
Thanks again and God Bless this forum and folks like you (and you). Otherwise I was set for hours of frustration and failure going it alone. Hopefully as I become a semi-jock I can pay forward to a floundering newb…

Bob

Happy to confirm that indeed Miroslav Philharmonik works just fine in Win7 and Cubase Elements with no additional bridge, etc. Just have to make sure the Philharmonik.dll is placed in the correct Cubase folder along with the other VSTi’s.

Hi, sorry to answer to a bit older topic but I am having trouble with this Miroslav Philharmonik plugin. I’m quite new Cubase 7 user so I do understand that I might not have checked everything, yet, but I tried to read this thread fully and checked the things mentioned here. I have added the directories in Cubase, copied the Philharmonik.dll under Steinberg directory also and pointed paths to there, no luck. I have 64bit Cubase but I understood the so called bridge would be automatic, or? Anyway I can see that the Philharmonik.dll is everytime in the Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml even though I’ve deleted the file and restarted Cubase - it just comes back.
I just bought the Miroslav Philharmonik and it seems to work standalone, but of course that’s not the way I want to use it.
If you have time can you try to help me out?

Was able to get it working by myself. Not quite sure what helped in the end, but I removed the installation (the sounds and 1.1.2 version of the program), then Installed all the 1-9 Parts of sounds first like “Miroslav Philharmonik Instruments Installer Part 1-9.exe” etc. It still gave me the Windows 7 error / notice at some point for all “… might not have installed correctly…”, but I chose the “Installed correctly” option every time, as they seemed to install correctly. After that, from the same directory I run the “Install Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1.2.exe” and installed it (maybe the directory was the point). Removed the old blacklist file and in Cubase chose the correct VST directory where the installation copied the 2 files, Philharmonik.dll and Philharmonik.ini.
Don’t know if it makes any sense, but it is working now and I’m happy:)