Upgrading to Asus P8z77 mobo but which one?

No problem; I’ve been researching for a new build and happen to have looked at all the recent info I could find.

I saw that header on the mobo and thought it might be for adding THBolt in the future; I figured pay the extra $5 now and have it in the bios etc… Oh, that’s right, it’s not a Bios anymore; it’s a UEFI…

I have to wonder about Steinberg’s attention to their website: their ‘Optimizing Windows for DAWs’ page seems like old info. I am curious: it says to turn Hyperthreading off.
I haven’t put together my new system yet, but if Steiny hasn’t figured out a way to take advantage of hyperthreading by Cubase 7, it is a disappointment. Unles of course there is a fundamental architectural issue that can’t be bypassed.

It also says to change the visual setting to ‘Best Performance’. That might be pertinent for an older Win XP system, but I have read that Aero in Win 7 off-loads the visual processing to the Video Card, and turning it off forces the CPU to do the calculations for plugin GUI’s, etc. So unless you are using integrated/shared graphics, it is better to leave it on. Interesting. Will be interesting to see if this makes a difference with Cubase 7/ Wavelab 6/7 on Win 7 64 bit w/ a powerful graphics card…

I guess this is a bit off topic…