HALion 4 wish list

It’s been 6 and a half months since this statement. I don’t want to sound negative but I’m not impressed with the updates or added features, so far.

retrologue is a nice synth.Hope they add this feature too!

NAMM is coming up shortly, I hope something is to be announced then. I am sure if the update is big enough, it will have to be payed for.

Can’t wait for it!

Performance tool for note-on triggering

Performance tool - moving of the Sphere and Quick Controls could be recorded over time (e.g. 2 min max) and should be editable / re-fineable in a separate window, similarly to automation curves.
Every time I play a note, this should trigger these live automatons - this would extremely increase the expression of instrument!

SB, you should check out these similar concepts that would be awesome this for HALion:

Regarding NAMM: I wouldn’t keep my fingers crossed… the industry relies less and less an trade shows…but who knows…

Well…a lot of really intresting wished features have already been proposed…

here are mine in no particular orders:

1. Beef that library with up-to-date sounds…or at least more electronic percussion and modern content. Even if i like build my own patches …I find there lacks interesting sounds to start with…or to get some inspiration.
    When you see what’s on the market today…there is something missing in halion…
  2. Ability to tweak our own flexphrases and export them (drag and drop). (the fact we can import chords from chords track into trigger pad is pretty cool though)
  3. possibility to quick link everything from everywhere. Or at least more than now.
  4. More effects…more esoterism please. More sound design. Or ideally vst fx support " à la maschine" where we could quick link the vst effects parameters.
  5. Import from a way or another PADSHOP technology into halion…we need granular…can’t even think about the beast it would become if it has this ability…$
  6. previewing patch…and all the items related to that matter.

:mrgreen:

Nearly two years after the release of HALIon 4 - is this time for HALion 5 … or just HALion 4.6?

Following the new SB 2 years main version development cycle, H5 should arrive soon. :smiley:

My wishlist—

1. Slicing within Halion

2. Fades for slices

3. More comprehensive sample editing

4. Recording directly into Halion

5. Assignable midi commands, such as start and end points, slice navigation etc-- like working on Maschine

+1

Steinberg - Any statement for this please?

Still no words from Steinberg?!

Hi Tomas,

We are constantly working on the next version of HALion but please bear with us that we cannot announce release dates on this forum before it’s official. Please have little more patience.

Nice sounding polyphonic glide, called “swag glide” played by the UVI Workstation engine:

Tried to achieve this in HALion 4.5, but did not succeed.
Something similar can be achieved by using the Pitch Envelope and double sine oscillators…

Settings:

• sine + saw oscillator(s)
  • kept polyphonic
  • legato on
  • glide on
  • pitchbend +/-2
  • lfo - just a simple vibrato

Can you recreate this effect in HALion?

If not… then this is definitely a feature request!

That does sound really nice actually. I am surprised, something so simple isn’t easily created. The video mentions nothing on Halion at all and states Kontakt is a scripting nightmare to get similar results. I could see that sound and method of play coming in really handy on many different sounds, so…

+1

For some odd reason a .vstpreset file cannot be posted (Steinberg?) so I zipped it up.

Is this close to the effect that you are looking for?
Swaggish Glide.zip (5.64 KB)

Hi,

thanks for the preset.

I see your Unison/Glide settings, however it does not sound similar: in the video it works well on each note of a chord, not just on monophonic play.

Your preset works similar on monophonic, but not in poly mode which makes it unique.

Here’s a different approach altogether. Have to work on the timing values though.
Swaggish 2.zip (5.65 KB)

Maybe the pitch curve is being improved a bit… it is something similar…but I still miss the vibe of the “original”. :unamused:
Swaggish 3.zip (6.92 KB)

I was merely approaching the swag glide effect “challenge” :wink:, not the color (which I like a lot) or entirety of the sound in the video. The first program used the actual glide feature, whereas the second used only the pitch envelope.

If you end up with a decent replica, please share! :slight_smile:

(I am away on business so I haven’t checked your “Swaggish 3” preset out yet, but thanks for sharing.)

FR: Grain delay FX like Hypersonic 2.

do you have an example I can hear of what this effect is?