Quality of Sound Cards

Steve, thanks for that. Yea, I’m not complaining about what we pay for Strophoid. I’m simplying saying, it seems logical to me to say that if Graphics is simply binary data being processed in order to produce faster, smoother and more colorful graphics, than it seems Audio cards could head in that same direction but with sound rather than visual.

Sure what’s on the market might or might not have some of this. I’m simply wondering about the potential. It would be nice to be able to drop a large amount of money for an audio card that can handle everything today’s DAW’s can throw at it.

Instead what I usually read is that the best solution is to build another PC and slave it. Well how much does that cost? And isn’t it easier to keep things simple?

I myself would rather pay more for a high end audio card that can handle TONS of data (like the big graphics cards do in comparison to smaller) than to pay for another computer to run VST’s or do whatever it is the slave does.

I guess I’m really pondering why it isn’t like this? Perhaps it is and my misunderstanding of audio cards as Jarno commented. Perhaps this is already going on and I simply don’t know it. But then I would expect a response something along the lines of pointing out that the Delta 2496 is a weak card and what you really need is the Delta 2496 EXTREME EDITION - that can handle 75,000 voices. LOL.