2.5 Ghz to 3 Ghz CPU difference?

I certainly agree! We need to get the most out of what we got. That’s why I’m going to try to come up with some work arounds for some my expensive old Steinberg software. I may also rebuild one Windows XP machine. A dear friend gave me his old working XP machine, so I might mix some parts between the two. One machine is Intel, the other is AMD. Of course they have completely different motherboards and use different ram. I have a bad hard drive or motherboard in my dead DAW.

Hey I got to ask you about the truck, is that a big block or a small block engine in your 1993 Silverado? Seems like you should be able to pick up a rebuilt shortblock engine, minus the heads, from a local machine shop for a decent price.

Chevys are one of the most affordable engings to rebuild, because they are so plentiful. Worst case, maybe you can get an engine from a junkyard where you don’t know as much about the condition or history of the engine. Sometimes a wreck becomes availible with an engine that’s nearly as good as a new crate engine with super low miles on it. :slight_smile:

I’ve been down that road many times in my life, changing out engines and transmissions myself on all makes of cars that I’ve owned, especially Chevys and Fords, and Chryslers. I went through an engine top end rebuild (heads) and transmission rebuild on my wife’s 2002 Jaguar x-type, a little over a year ago. You can’t even buy a new or rebuilt engine for them anymore for any price…the engine all aluminum are not made anymore! :open_mouth: So oversize pistons, rings, and rods and such are not availible new. This time I didn’t remove or reinstall the Jag engine myself. I didn’t want to invest in all of the special equipment to accomplish the job. And yeah, the job cost over $7000 because I replaced many other parts on the car too like the alternator, air conditioning compressor, and many other parts, hoses and such.