Cubase IC Pro feature suggestions

Since I can’t find a specific page for future feature suggestions, here go a couple of things I wished for when I first started using this nice app yesterday:

Let me start by clarifying that I use the app, on an iPad, not for recording myself but as a controller to reduce my use of a mouse.

1. It would be nice to have the option of a full screen for the mixer view. The faders would be more usable with a bigger range. Perhaps a full screen option for EACH of the views available in the app?

2. I could not find a button to mute or unmute all tracks. Perhaps this is something I should program?

3. It would be nice to be able to “select” a track by touching the screen, both in the Mixer and in the workspace views. In the latter it would be even better to be able to touch on a track part to select it!

4. It would be nice to have some control over equalization with the app.

Please let me know if some of this is already available and I have not discovered it.
I will post further as I continue to use the app.

Hi!

We have all these things already on our feature request list! :slight_smile:

Great news. Thanks!

Hi, as a professional composer who works daily with Cubase and now IC Pro i would like to ask some features as well:

1. a sort of piano with midi numbers on keys, with quick octave changes feature, so we can use to access keyswitches etc. (sort of http://tapmidi.com/)

2. A sort of Midi CC editable (selectable) faders screen, with the possibilty to save instrument presets/templates that we can use to control different virtual instruments like VSL, Cinesamples, Samplemodeling the Trumpet (that has lots of Midi CC controllers features)

\

3. A sort of Quick Controls fader control.

Also, where i can ask for Cubase 7 features? I would love to see a button or command, or at least program a macro somewhere in C7 where i could just select a midi clip and then get it into an audio track with the same midi clip name, without all the hassle of: Select midi clip, hit P, copy the name of the track or the name of the clip, open “Audio Mixdown Dialog box”, paste the name of the track/midi clip, and only then click export to get it imported again on an audio track!!! Logic can do that in click and i believe it will BE huge time saver for professionals worlwide! Also, a sort of a batch feature of select diferente midi clips and in different midi tracks and get it into audio as they look in midi tracks would be great! I am sure Mr. HZ would love that!

Hope it helps, and Congrats for the great work you have been doing. Thanks for all.
Thiago Gobet

How about MIDI hardware port support? eg. iConnect MIDI, etc. It seems a little short of the mark as a “remote” control app if it ONLY works on WiFi. MIDI hasn’t gone the way of the “Dodo Bird” quite yet guys lol

Thanx

I would love to see a button or command, or at least program a macro somewhere in C7 where i could just select a midi clip and then get it into an audio track with the same midi clip name, without all the hassle of: Select midi clip, hit P, copy the name of the track or the name of the clip, open “Audio Mixdown Dialog box”, paste the name of the track/midi clip, and only then click export to get it imported again on an audio track!!! Logic can do that in click and i believe it will BE huge time saver for professionals worlwide! Also, a sort of a batch feature of select diferente midi clips and in different midi tracks and get it into audio as they look in midi tracks would be great! I am sure Mr. HZ would love that!

+1!!! I built a Macro for that but you won’t automatically get the right name for the track

A couple of things that would really help me out as they are things i might need when not right next to the daw:

• A tuner (on any of the input)
  • Bring up a score

I’d like to be able to view and operate plugins inside IC.

That’s the one thing that keeps me attracted to V-Control.

Steinberg, please add Quick Keys…

1 Like

Here’s a request for a feature that would be extremely useful. A teleprompter feature!

Yes, there are separate teleprompter apps to download, but having it incorporated into iC Pro would have the great benefit that the text is synchronized with the project playback position. When the playback position changes, the text position adjusts accordingly.

Why limit it to text, by the way. Why not put the chord track to good use and let iC pro generate scrolling chord charts?

If Steinberg want’s to really go “all in”, it could even be synched with the Score features. Wouldn’t it be useful if iC Pro could display a scrolling score? Again, locked to the playback position. Either for multiple instruments or for the instrument being recorded.

I miss the STOP button A LOT. Specially the double tap feature which returns to the last position before playing or recording.

+1

Please add XY pads to this app. Would be VERY useful

1 Like

Since installing this and setting up my own Key Commands Pages, a couple of features will be appreciated in future updates.
1. The ability to move the actual commands in the page.
At the moment, if I get a KC in the wrong slot on the screen, I have to delete and re-program it to another slot.

2. Add my own Key Commands.
Be nice to enter my own custom KCs as I can do from within Cubase. I know I can just save them as Macros for now, and ICPro will see them, but it would still be a nice feature to have in the future if possible.

Yes. Imagine iC Pro with controls for VST Quick Controls, Track Quick Controls, an XY pad for the Sphere in the HALion instruments (or any other use), and eight (or more) user definable MIDI CC faders or encoders either all on the same display or in a layout that can be quickly switched between each.

I am a little surprised there isn’t a CMC with an XY pad/Joystick/Sphere on it.
J.L.

How about being able to associate score part with a cue mix? I could imagine a quartet, each with their own cue mix and score part.

Or more generically, just be able to select which score part(s) to display on the device, in much the same way as you can select which tracks are shown on the cue mixer.

+1

+1000

This is much needed.

For now anyone knows an app for this.

I’m curious to know if there is a way to send tracks to different outputs for summing? above the mixer faders like in the DAW?
If that is not already a feature, I believe that would be a good addition?
Also a way to make the mixer on the top half of the screen as well as the bottom to limit scrolling left to right?
I am only new to this app so if these are already feature please share your info.

Would really love a stop button as mentioned above… and the ability to navigate by bar number would be amazing.