2:15 Minutes to Open Project?

same problem here,

7.0 was fine but the 7.01 update screwed it up. Takes about 1 sec to load each input channel/track.

Sure as hell hope that the imminent update fixes this. It has long since become very tiresome. :slight_smile:

Same feeling here, I have been holding off on reinstalling from scratch, trying different video cards troubleshooting etc. hoping the issue will somehow for some reason improve with the update. Once I have some spare time I’ll update, see what happens and go from there.

Curious to see if you experience any improvements in 7.0.2. I’m not. :frowning:

Tried deleting your preferences?

just installed 7.02 and no change in load times. :cry:

hmm, which preferences?

Question for Mick…

Are these projects imported from 6.x?

If so I am going to suggest that you uninstall/re-install from scratch… OR… don’t bother trying to import. I say that well aware how often various numbskulls immediately jump to that as the cure for anything from acne to cancer.

However, I have had numerous (minor) ‘flakeys’ with Cubase 7 and -almost- all of them have to do with either
a) importing 6.0 CPRs
b) importing settings from 6.0

As vague and pseudo-science as this will sound, my strong feeling is that C7 has a -lot- of little changes to various file structures and just doesn’t handle ‘confusion’ with certain elements of older CPRs and 6.x settings.

My issues have been with: MixConsole UI bugs. Retrospective Record periodically dying, Key Commands disappearing. Many program preferences being ‘forgotten’. Generic Remote settings not working.

None of those problems seem to occur when I start with a ‘fresh’ project.

—JC

I tried renaming the defaults.xml, but this didn’t seem to help load times.
I imported lots of the preference files from 6.5, but load times in 7.00 were fine.
Loading projects are slow no matter if they are a new 7 project or a 6.x or even nuendo 2.x.
7.02 did speed up the closing of preferences and device manager, from like 10 sec to 3-5. Still seems slow though.

Im on a i7 @ 4.0G with win7-64/cubase32/vst’s on SSD.

Just out of curiosity: Why not run Cubase 64?

—JC

some older vst’s i use r not compatible, as well as compatibility for opening older projects that use non compatible vst64 plugs. I do mostly mixing/tracking so no real need for the extra memory of the 64bit.

Well… that does it for -my- technical acumen. I guess I wonder about interactions between the SSD and the HD. I’ve heard anecdotes from Adobe users re. large projects that actually run faster after disabling the SSD… turns out there is some issue where the ‘caching’ of the SATA controller between the HD and the SSD conflict.

What do I know. Just surprised. C7 really just seems like C6 with a new coat o’ paint. But then, I never ran Cubase 32.

—JC

Thanks for the responses above! For some reason, I no longer get email notification when subscribing to threads on this forum (despite the fact that I have not changed any account settings).

Yep, most of the projects began in 6.5, though the difference in load/close times is present even when starting a new project from C7. I really don’t want to go through the hassle of an uninstall/reinstall unless I have no choice.

Both on here (and in KVR and Gearslutz) I am seeing other people experiencing the same problem. I have still not heard back from Steinberg Support on this. I would probably do well to work in 6.5 until this is resolved. Sure does feel solid by comparison.

Guys! I strongly recommend all those who experience such long times opening/closing projects, slow preferences menu browsing, to uninstall 7.0.2, cleaning all data on your HDD and registry and make clean install for Cubase 7.0. Then update to 7.0.2. Like I did 30 minutes ago. Problem fixed for me.

Ugh…

But thanks for the tip. I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

I deinstalled everything related to Cubase and all versions on my system. Deleted all folders etc. Reinstalled 7.0, and was pleasantly surprised. Noticeably faster, opening, closing, closing device setup. Then I installed 7.0.2, well back to long load times again. The loading popup slowly scrolls across, loading all channels 1 by one then loading mixconsole all inputs and outputs one by one. Again I wonder what was changed from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1 and 7.0.2.

Seems I may have figured why I experience the slow down of loading projects with 7.0.1 and 7.0.2. The more vst plugins you have the slower the load. Strange that in 7.0.0 the number of plugins does not have an effect. I changed the name of the vstplugins folder, and 7.0.2 loaded almost immediately. I added plugin folders one at a time and slower and slower it would load. Now I do have a huge amount of plugins, like alot. I’ve been using Cubase since the 90’s and have amassed a huge collection over the years. Guess it’s telling me it’s time to do some housekeeping.

it’s sounds strange, because i’m using a lot of vsts (UAD, Softube, Slate, Waves)… and it works fast.

HMMM, that is strange. I see it load slow when no vst’s are even in the project or a new empty project is started. I removed half of the plugins from the plugins folder and it speeds up. When I say alot of plugins I mean like alot present in the vstplugins folder, several hundred at least. 7.0.1 on up must be looking at the vst plugins that are installed when the project or even an empty project is started.

Interesting. Reinstalling all traces of Cubase is exactly what I do not want to do, and will be my last resort. And I foresee keeping 6.5 alive for the foreseeable future - still not sure about C7, but I do want a version that works as it should. No harm in trying to remove VSTs to see what happens. It’s been close to 2 weeks since I contacted Helge and no word from Tech support.