[FR] Auto Conform Solution

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 6 can be posted here.

[FR] Auto Conform Solution

Postby nomiaudio » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Will Nuendo 6 include an Auto Conform solution?
nomiaudio
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby Fredo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Not for the moment.
But it is (high) on the list.


Fredo
User avatar
Fredo
External Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby nomiaudio » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm

OK, good to know. I hope there will be a good solution to work with the original Meta Data from the location recorder. I also think the rename tool in Nuendo should include the BWAV meta tags to rename audio clips.
I usually name audio files in my 788T with the scene/shoot/take, like "A15-2T01" and the all the tracks are named with "Boom, HFxy, ..." and so on.
I can see the meta datas in the media bay of nuendo but that is all.
I would like to see the meta data information in the editing window. Every Audio-event has the scene/shoot/take name and the track name.
E.g. "A15-2T01-Boom".
Up to now i did that with the software BWAV Lister. But it is annoying. Would be a awesome feature in a future Nuendo version.

Otherwise i am really happy with Nuendo and i am really looking forward to Nuendo 6 and the Nuage system ;)
nomiaudio
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby rav » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 pm

nomiaudio wrote:OK, good to know. I hope there will be a good solution to work with the original Meta Data from the location recorder. I also think the rename tool in Nuendo should include the BWAV meta tags to rename audio clips.
I usually name audio files in my 788T with the scene/shoot/take, like "A15-2T01" and the all the tracks are named with "Boom, HFxy, ..." and so on.
I can see the meta datas in the media bay of nuendo but that is all.
I would like to see the meta data information in the editing window. Every Audio-event has the scene/shoot/take name and the track name.
E.g. "A15-2T01-Boom".
Up to now i did that with the software BWAV Lister. But it is annoying. Would be a awesome feature in a future Nuendo version.

Otherwise i am really happy with Nuendo and i am really looking forward to Nuendo 6 and the Nuage system ;)


Would be really nice to be able to select which information of imported events/files you would like to see in the editing window Bwav description, author, file name....

Best.
rav
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:08 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby Tumppi Järnefelt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 am

Yes, absolutely!
ADK laptop i7
Win7 64bit home
N6.0.x
RME FF800
http://www.finnvox.fi/en/cinepost
Tumppi Järnefelt
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby TimoWildenhain » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 am

nomiaudio wrote:OK, good to know. I hope there will be a good solution to work with the original Meta Data from the location recorder.
Otherwise i am really happy with Nuendo and i am really looking forward to Nuendo 6 and the Nuage system ;)


Hello,

yes this is definitely on schedule. As with the other topics, it needs resources to provide the desired solution. But it is part of the big topic "import/export/metadata", which we continously work on.

Conforming is a topic we have on the list, but it requires in-depth analysis on how it can be technically realized. As you might know, there have been many approaches on this topic in the past years. Among the most important aspects are reliability and accurateness of the conforming process.

However, great that you're looking forward to the new version. Less than 3 weeks left!


Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Product Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!
TimoWildenhain
Moderator
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby bilekt3 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:However, great that you're looking forward to the new version. Less than 3 weeks left!


Timo! This is unfair torture :D
Tomas Bilek | Audio Post production & Sound Design Freelancer | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro, Nuendo 6.0.X+NEK, HALion 5 & Dark Planet, Padshop Pro & Zero Gravity, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Aether & Breeze
bilekt3
Junior Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Auto Conform Solution in N6?

Postby nomiaudio » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:Conforming is a topic we have on the list, but it requires in-depth analysis on how it can be technically realized. As you might know, there have been many approaches on this topic in the past years. Among the most important aspects are reliability and accurateness of the conforming process.


Well, i think your developers did way more difficult things in the past years.
But i agree, if you do it, please do it well.

Can't wait to work with your Auto Conform solution
nomiaudio
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [FR] Auto Conform Solution

Postby jvamos » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 pm

+1

I really enjoy The Maisch Conformer in the meanwhile.
jvamos
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [FR] Auto Conform Solution

Postby KMT333 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 am

Thanks for suggesting Maisch and I look forward to Nuendo including conforming! I recently asked Virtual Katy if they supported Nuendo and this was their response...

"Yep, VK4 onwards only works with ProTools. Most of our previous Nuendo customers have moved to ProTools so the demand for Nuendo support is very low.

Let us know if you are planning to switch to ProTools. We might be able to help you with a deal on VK in that case."

I still can't believe a 3rd party software company suggested that I move to PT like "most of their previous customers".
Nuendo 6.05 64 bit, Window 8 64 bit
KMT333
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [FR] Auto Conform Solution

Postby Fredo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:44 am

Please let them know, with my compliments, that they are full of (add word to your liking)

Fredo
User avatar
Fredo
External Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 30 times


Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests