VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

I tried the new version yesterday and it worked more or less flawless at the highest video and audio settings. Good work! :slight_smile:

Some thoughts, I understand the need for synchronized recording but I think it’s equally important to be able to play music and be able to play or sing along with it, to show the singer how he or she should sing. It’s not possible right now. Being able to talk freely with the talent is as important as the recording itself.
Cutting the talkback communication is also annoying when working online. I understand that potential problems could arise if the control room playback is sent back to the talent during recording, but due to the fact that latency is a part of the work process both parties need to be on headphones anyway, thous no problem if the producer wants to coach the talent during recording or rehearsal. The talent will only hear his or her voice and the music, and hopefully the producer as well in a future update.
Everytime the audio cuts and the communication goes away both parties are made aware of the fact that they are working by remote (potentially killing some of the mood of creating music). Vocal talents can be delicate butterflies…

So, please consider enabling the possibility to playback the Cubase project without cutting communication, even if it means that the sync isn’t perfect. And the choice of sending producer/engineer talkback during recording (user enabled or disabled).

And maybe extra play functions: play with low latency (producer/engineer singing in sync with the music played, sync play (buffered playback and vocal talent in sync with the music), sync rec (like it is now with talent in sync).

Cheers
Fred