Poll: Is Cubasis your first DAW?

Brainiac,

It must be the 60’s…I think you took many of the thoughts I have had over the last 8 years as a Cubase user. I am turning 60, my first computer was a Vic 20 in 1983. As a super user, I can hold my own on many computer applications but Midi and recording have made me nuts too many times. I am a guitar player for over 50 years and thought that since I had few others to “jam” with, I would put down some tracks and sit back and listen. That took a few years of trial and error to get right and that is only the same as reel to reel recording.

Just recently discovered applying effects to my recorded audio. Surprised the hell out of me with time stretch. Seems like I may never get fully going in Cubase or Cubasis without enrolling in a a basic course . YouTube helps somewhat but it ain’t like hands on doing it with a bit of guidance

I have 8 years invested in Cubase and $o many upgrade$. In spite of the lackluster recordings void of drums, and other great stuff I read about here, it still puts a smile on my face to hear back what I put down with the hope of enhancing it even further for “posterity” once I figure out some of those other greats like media bay and some of the other parts.

Since I have a few more opportunities to record live these days, I decided to go with Cubasis and thought of using it as a compact recorder for live audio. I have it now about 10 days and have been enjoying the hell out of it. I’ve seen some great reading and listened to some really nice recordings. If I had to make a living out of it like some here, I’d surely starve. But I just cannot get passed the idea of the machine creating the backup tracks for me. I tend to be stuck thinking I am the audio source for every instrument. While I can play several, I cannot get them all in a room…oops, studio with my computer and mics.

Yup, some here are remarkably clever. I’m only hoping by being exposed to it, some might just rub off. :smiley: don’t give up yet