Cubase iC Pro official video tutorial

Hm, complicated answer. You do need to install Bonjour and then install the Ski software. Then you need to create a network for the ipad to connect to on the main computer. If you don’t create the network then the iPad won’t find the main computer. It’s like a sub internet.

You can keep your internet connection and do this or do the ad hoc network connection that disables the internet connection. I prefer disabling the internet when I record, of course, but I have to say that this is the hardest connection to make. Its a Win7 issue in part, one that fights you for the connection. Typically, to make connection using the ad hoc network I have to run the Win7 Home network diagnostic after I have the ipad recognizing the network, and yet still trying to communicate with Cubase. It is a mind numbing event for the most part because there is no way around this diagnostic fix that I can see. The KEY IS: When the ipad is trying to connect, pull down your device window from Cubase and see if the iC Pro is in the device window of the the Ski device box. Funny thing here is, it wont show up UNTIL you make connection - but then you don’t need to see it!! So drop this box down to see where you are at basically. It may mean - not seeing the iC Pro listed - that you are sitting there without a clue waiting for something that will never happen. Which means you need to check all your network settings in the iPad and maybe the Daw again. (Once things are working, you will see it listed in the box, of course.)

Here’s the order of turn on, BTW: Turn on Cubase > Connect your DAW to the iPad network via your wireless connections icon > Direct your iPad to the iPad network in its Setting icon > Click on the iC Pro icon > Run the ‘Home network’ diagnostic tool.

…and then wait. IF you have your internet connection network on ‘Automatic’ just remember that as soon as the iPad connection is lost it will reconnect to your internet connection if you have your iPad connecting to your wi-fi. So here you might be looking at your iPad Settings icon dropdown window to see if it has jumped ship back to the internet connection, as well. (The same is true for your DAW.) Gee, its a tap dance to get everything going. If only there were a way to switch Win7 to the Home network that I set the ad hoc network up in without running the Home network diagnostic tool!! You’ll see, haha!

But then after a few minutes, maybe 5, everything finds everything and it all works. Just remember it’s not as easy as that video would have you think. AND IF IT IS, THE STEINBERG NEEDS TO MAKE A BETTER VIDEO TO SHOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO GET THERE DEVICES CONNECTED. Ha! But eventually they will get this sorted out and it could become easier. I hope. Good luck and I hope what I have written has made sense to you. :sunglasses: