Cubase iC Pro official video tutorial

A follow up here. I have looked all over the internet and not found one explanation as to why the new Home Group I have established just for my DAW and my iPad, will not automatically install itself. It wont switch over to the new network automatically, in other words.

It seems to be a Win7 thing and probably something to do with the firewall settings. I will call MS tomorrow or the next day to see if they can help. But for now, if I want to use the new ‘Home Group’ I created and one that is disconnected from the internet (the automatically created ‘Home Group Network’ that Win7 sets up for internet connection), I have to run the Win7 diagnostic network tool. I can get the DAW to find the iPad, and I can get the iPad on the ad hoc network that is shared by the DAW, but to complete the connection - to have the Cubase software connect to the iPad, I need to run the Network Diagnostic Tool to have the original Home Network switched to the NEW Home Network. Its lame and takes about 3 minutes now to get everything connected but it does connect finally.

So the problem is that I am switching from one Home Network to another Home Network and for some reason Win7 does not like this.

The funny thing is, when I first tried running the iC Pro app, I just installed it on my original Home Network - the one connected to the internet - and everything worked fine without running the Network Diagnostic tool. Um, but then you are connected to the internet while you are recording - not good. So I took Steinberg’s advice and created the ad hoc network for my iPad and then created a new Home Network (that was disconnected from the internet) and here I am. I agree that the ad hoc network is the best way and that you should be disconnected from the internet, I just wish it was an easier connection.