wrong measurement

Not a deal breaker but quite annoying (sorry if somebody mentioned that before).
There’s a wrong measurennt (sorry,dont know a better word in english) If you zoom out a little in the arrangement screen.
The timeruler shows

1 - 4 - 7 - 13 - 16 - 19 - 22 - 25 - 28 - 31…bars (thats weird) but it should be

1 - 5 - 9 - 13 - 17 -21 - 25 - 29 - 33…

guess you now what i mean :wink:

Hello,

sorry, I don’t fully understand what you mean. Do you mean that the spacing between the numbering should be an even number in all cases? Or did you refer to the missing 10 in your first line?

Some help would help me to understand your issue.

Kind regards,
Frieder

the only thing wrong with your first line of numbers is the ‘10’ is missing. Maybe you forgot to type it.

Other than that, depending on how long your song is, zooming out will result measurement of 2 bar steps, 3 bars, 4 bars, etc. see attached images.

@Akamarko:

thanks for the pics,the first one is showing the “correct” measurement while the second is"wrong"imo.I mean when i’m working on a 4/4 track its all based on 4bars,8bars and so on…and in this case the second scale just doesn’t make sense to me.Thats all :slight_smile:

Sorry,i wish i could explain it better in english but i guess you know what i mean…?

i understand what you are saying and most straight forward music is 4/4 with with verse and choruses consisting of 4 bar, 8 bar or 16 bar measurement however some songs can have a bridge of 6 bars or 2 bars or whatever. That’s what great about music, it’s your OWN pallette. I’ve seen music written in 5/4 for to bars then 4/4 for 3 bars etc. I’m sure some jazz stuff gets really complicated.

That said, Cubasis isn’t doing anything wrong by it’s zoom function. It has no affect on the music. It,s just what will fit on the screen depending what length on song you have. In the two pics I provided it was the same song. One was zoomed slightly more than the other.