Edit Halion Sonic Program with Halion 4

True, but in combination with Cubase, it’s one of the smoothest sample-creation workflows I’ve tried. The only software “sampler” I know of that can actually “sample”, as in, record audio for the purposes of creating patches/presets/sounds, E-MU’s Emulator X. The fact is, software “samplers” came at a time when there were already many very capable software audio editor products, so there really was no need for them to be able to “sample” – it’s more a mindset issue, IMHO (although I was convinced otherwise by a DJ who explained the importance of being able to re-sample in realtime during a performance).

Back on topic, (although still slightly off the original topic), I think it would be a killer feature if it were possible to create .vstsound files in H4 that were playable in HSSE. It would be the exact opposite business model to that adopted by NI … with them you get a free player, but have to pay for the libraries. Steinberg already have an almost “free” player in the form of Cubase LE, so if there was a community-contributed free library for HSSE it would huge incentive for people to try out Cubase, and consequently HSSE and H4.