anti-static

I did some more research and find that form me all I need are filters for fans. I already have a filter built into the doors of my rack computer purchased from Sweetwater. It’s made of a foam material.I can easily remove the top to my rack computer via 3 screws and spray away with compressed air. In fact, I leave the 3 screw off so I can easily slide the top off. I clean this once a month.

What I found in my research for making ones own fan filters was quite interesting and some totally outrageous :unamused:
The ones I like can be made from dryer sheets or out of vacuum cleaner dust filter. I’m going to try using a dryer sheet first fitting it loosely on the outside of my fans as I think the vacuum filers seem like they might be too dense causing heat built up. Although users believe otherwise.

A highly recommended and best hailed option seems to be polyurethane foam. I doubt that I can find such a product easily, nor in the size/amount needed (what to do with so much access?). It is also pricey.

I’m most concerned about my Vinpower Sharkcopier 15 CD/DVD Duplicator. There are several companies that make a special dust cover/filter that will encase an entire computer with no need to remove it while in use. Their prices aren’t too bad. I think I’m going to contact one of the companies (after further research for a quality one) to custom fit the duplicator.

I will still use my Fair air filter and will add a second one during summer as windows will be open. I live in the mountains where it’s relatively warm and cools down at night making using an air conditioner a $$$ grabber.
I know I said - was against use of humidifier in original or previous post, but I’ll try using one. But, will keep it far away from equipment and not pointed at it either. I have a remote temp/humidity “thermometer” to keep track of humidity levels.

This should be it for me regarding anti-static which turned into a dust filter thread. I will happily take any further suggestions or judgments as to what I’ve chosen to do in my studio.