M-Audio ProFire 610 outputs 3/4

Hi,

I can’t find outputs 3/4 in VST connections, nor in the Device Setup (see attachments).
I am using Cubase 6.5.3 Build 53 (32 bit)
on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.2
using sound card M-Audio ProFire 610 with latest driver 2.4.1, abd latest firmware 1.0.1.

I am positive this problem is fixable, as I tried once to fix it, trying to reset the ports in cubase, turning off the device then on again and some more actions which I don’t remember.
The next time I opened cubase, after turning off the device, the problem reoccurred and I can’t fix it ever since.

The problem is that outputs 3 and 4 do not exist in any list in cubase as it doesn’t recognize it.
There is no option to turn off these outputs in the device control panel.
Currently I work in 32 bit for convenient use, and when I “fixed” the problem before, I didn’t change it.
Anyone have an idea what can that be?

Are the S/PDIF outs showing up as 3 & 4?

It looks as they’re taking the place where the 3-4 outputs should be.
I’ve never experienced that using the same device on a PC with Cubase 5.

Does it look like a problem by the device’s driver or a problem in Cubase?

Edit:

As to my last question - I can now confirm it is a Cubase issue as GarageBand by Apple recognizes the 3-4 inputs very well.

I hope this will be solved, I really need to be able to take full advantage of my sound card.

Found the problem - solved!!!

I created 3 stereo inputs for each of my stereo pairs in the VST connections window, then I looked in the mixer and saw that the S/PDIF stereo inputs were responsive to the signals from my synth that was connected to the 3-4 inputs.

So basically DavidRavenMoon pointed the solution out, but I was sure I checked that before and the S/PDIF did not respond to any signal.

Anyway it is pretty weird, the inputs are named “Input S/PDIF X” in the Port System Name which cannot be edited, but I can change the ‘Show As’ value so it is ok. But very confusing however.

Happy I can use my 3-4 inputs again :slight_smile: