Better than advertised

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Better than advertised

Postby drde » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:51 am

I bought 7.0 and have been reading the forums since it's release. I just wanted to state that I was afraid to install it for some time because the forums give one the impression that it is an absolute pile of bugs and problems. My experience with 7.0 upgraded to 7.2 has been without incident and the new mixer and chorder etc. is awesome! Just a message for those too nervous to upgrade like I was.
Last edited by drde on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.2, windows 7/ 64, 3.4 Ghz I7 quad core, 16GB DDR3 Dual Channel memory, motu 828 mk II, Kontakt, Superior Drummer, Halion Symphonic, B IV, Omnisphere, Superior Drummer etc.
drde

Re: Better than advetised

Postby egelmett » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 am

Thanks for posting this.

After reading the lot of complaints in this forum, I've been debating whether it's even worth it to upgrade, or find a new DAW.

$150.00 is quite a bit when you consider the contenders like Logic (I use Mac) are just a few bucks more. Tracktion is back, and for a lot less $....Studio 1??? Digital Performer offers a competitive upgrade...

It would be nice to hear about the positive experiences too. Just sayin....
egelmett

Re: Better than advertised

Postby TheOmegaShadow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I have to say, i've had experiences with other DAWs, and I always come back to Cubase as my go-to DAW, I'm so fluent in it's work-flow and know all the shortcuts to get what I need done. There is only one thing I desire from another DAW to be integrated into Cubase as an additional feature, and that is a single window layout like logic / studio one, but Cubase 7 has countered that desire with a smarter window behavior.

I've spent the last few days, ~28 hours on a single project and have not had a single crash, show-stoppers or crazy-ness occur, Cubase's reliability it's been this way for me since Cubase 5.

For me, I compose and record in Cubase, I use some outboard synths/FX and only a handful of VSTi & VST-fx plug-ins, some via jBridge, Cubase is more reliable than I can ever remember. There are odd issues sometimes but I find they are usually the host system causing them but I will say, I'm kinda happy there were some bad times in Cubase history for bugginess (CubaseSX 3 was the worst, IMO) , that is how I developed OCD for saving my projects constantly, and making backups of them too. So I rarely ever lose a performance due to a Cubase bug.

My advice to anyone prospectively looking to upgrade is to go ahead, you can always finish your current projects on an older version along side the newer version until you really get it setup with your prefs and give it a good shakedown with all your plug-ins and drivers etc.
The Workstation- Z77MX-D3H, i53570k, 32GB DDR3, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, RME AIO, Windows 8 Pro, Cubase SX-7.5, Reason 6.5 + RDK 2.0, Kore 2, Komplete 5-6, Arturia V Collection, Halion Sonic 2, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Analogue Drums, Eleven Rack, Yamaha 01X, Access Virus KB, Nektar Panorama P6, CMC-QC, Presonus FaderPort, RME Babyface, Yamaha HS50M monitors.
TheOmegaShadow

Postby curteye » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 pm

TheOmegaShadow wrote:My advice to anyone prospectively looking to upgrade is to go ahead,

Good advice.
Or at least just try the demo/trial version.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

Location: On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby monsterjazzlicks » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:36 pm

i tried the Trial Version of C7 and will defo be upgrading !! :mrgreen:
Nord Stage Classic 88 (Revision B), Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes Stage, Hohner E7 Clavinet, Mini Moog Model D, Multi Moog, Yamaha DX7 (Mk1) & DX21, Roland Juno 6, Roland XV-5050 (module).

Mackie SRM 350 (pair), Fender DeVille, Yamaha HS7 (pair), BeyerDynamic DT880 Headphones, Pro (250 Ohm).

Sibelius 7, Cubase Artist 7.5, HALion Sonic SE , HALion Sonic 2, HALion 5, Groove Agent 3, Steinberg CI2+ Interface, Midi Sport 2x2.

Dell Inspiron N5040, Windows 7 Home Premium, 2.13gHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Pentium, Service Pack 1.

Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 8.1 Professional, 1.70gHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
monsterjazzlicks

Postby jamusic » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 pm

I have to agree.

I've come to realize that with every DAW release, there are some who will experience many bugs, some will have only a few bugs and some who won't have any at all.

And it seems that most, if not all software has the potential for some bugs anyway.

But this summer, I switched from Cakewalk Sonar X2 & Presonus Studio One and really like the surprises that were awaiting me in Cubase.

I don't regret my purchase at all - [full purchase]. It is the only DAW I use now.

It seems far ahead of the other 2 DAWs that I have.

And now the option to control it with just hand gestures using the new 'free' - I repeat 'free' software from Steinberg, when some of the others are just getting around to surface touch control, puts them way ahead!
-C7.5.20 -Win 7-x64 Home -Intel i7-2600k -ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro -Antec High Current 520w -16 Gigs RAM
-Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler -3 SSDs -WD 1TB Black Caviar Hard Drive -2 WD & 1 Touro 1TB External USB 3 Drives
-TC Electronic SK 48 Audio Interface -Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 Mixer -Roland UM-550 MIDI Interface
-Neumann TLM 103 Mic -DBX 376 Tube Channel Strip Pre Amp/Comp -ART DPS II Tube Pre -Amp
-Yamaha P-200/88 & Nektar Panorama P6/61 Keyboards -V-Drums/Roland TD-6
-4003 Rickenbacker Fireglow Bass -5 Guitars -4 Sound Modules

jamusic

Postby orchetect » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 am

I own Pro Tools 11, Logic X, Reaper, and spent years with a myriad of other DAWs (Sonar, DP, etc.) and have thrown everything at all of them. I always come back to Cubase because there's so many workflow features I rely on that are either completely absent or totally screwed up in other DAWs.

Personally I'll take the minor nuisances in Cubase over the major pain in the arse any other DAW presents.
Steffan Andrews | Composer for Film, TV & Games | www.orchetect.com | imdb
DAW #1: Mac Pro 5,1 2.4GHz 12-core 64GB RAM | DAW #2: iMac 14,2 3.5GHz 4-core 32GB RAM | OS X 10.9.3 | Cubase 7.5.20 64bit | UA Apollo
orchetect

Postby SteveInChicago » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:23 pm

+1 to that for sure.
Cubase 7.5.20 | Mac 10.8.5 | i7-3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H | 16gb | TC Konnekt24D
SteveInChicago
External Moderator

Return to Presales