Cubase iC Pro official video tutorial

I think I need to clear my part in this post up. I downloaded the new app and the new SKI remote, the ones available as of 3/1/13.

Things are working well here but there is a turn-on process that I have to obey if I want things to go smoothly. I find that if I have only one device I want to connect, say my iPad, I can automatically connect to my DAW - if Cubase is running - by turning on my iC Pro app. HOWEVER - i have found that this is not always the best way to assure connection, and definitely not the best way to assure connection if two or more devices are going to be used. So I do not connect in this order any more. Instead I ALWAYS turn the app on my devices first, and then turn on Cubase. When I do things in this order I can connect to my devices every time without fail.

I realize some folks are still having problems connecting with the app. I am starting to wonder if it is because these folks already have the other free Cubase iC app on their device. :question: I can’t get a solid answer from anyone about this but it is very simple to remove an app from an iPad or iPhone so eventually they’ll get back to me on this. It’s just a theory but since I am not having problems connecting - and since I don’t have any other DAW control apps on my devices - I think it could be a factor.

Alright, that’s almost my whole story, just one more thing. In a perfect world, I would like to be able to run on the private ad hoc network that is available in Win7, and the one that Steinberg suggests in their video. Why? Because I don’t really want to have my DAW running on my PC while it is on line. And I can connect to this private network but to do this I have to run the Win7 network diagnostic connection tool which is another step. This is the area that I think needs to be addressed by Steinberg and I think that eventually they will. But for now, my DAW runs fine while it is connected to the network and the iC Pro connection is very easy to make. Eh, call me lazy but after spending so much time on this app, I just want to forget about perfection and get on with things. :slight_smile: