N5.5.5 Still no fixes for these:

Yes, I’m on 5.5.5.

Chewy

Waow, ununderstandable… :slight_smile:)

I tried all I can, no way to make it work…

I do not know-- we are on different platforms, right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

And, for what it’s worth, sometimes system and installation-specific gremlins do pop up. Like my weird little thing with the “open options” dialog on startup listing a never-ending number of files. I trashed prefs… haven’t reinstalled because it’s not that big of a deal… but it is inexplicable.

Hope it works out for you.

Chewy

Are you sure that all your files are in the project folder, and not refrenced to another location?
Cleanup can only work after performing a “prepare archive”.

Fredo

Hi Fredo,

Sure I did, I’ve been using cleanup feature for so many years. But who knows, that’s why I tried a small test project. Project folder doesn’t contain anything else than one Nuendo project, Audio & Images folders, 7 files in each folder. 6 files have been deleted from project, 1 file left in project and pool (the file is located in the right audio folder inside current project folder). Prepare archive has been done, project saved once again then. No file detected in cleanup window, it stays empty… No way…

BTW what is the “Clip Packages” folder which is created after “prepare archive”?

@Chewy, W7-64bit here…

It looks like cleanup feature is working by some and not working by others. Is there anything in bugs and issues about this problem?

I know it’s not a feature one uses daily so feedback may be weak. But it’s a main feature. Sure there’s a partial turnaround by saving the project in a new folder. Ok when having one single project in folder. If not, we’re back to the starting point.

Please help !

Following,

To make it trustworthy and clear, I created a test project (N5.5) : 7 files, 6 of 7 deleted from project and pool, one single project in folder. So, still 7 files in Audio folder, only one in project. Cleanup list stays empty.

Closing N5.5, opening N4.3.0 then. Cleanup, the 6 missing files are in the list !!!

Still nothing about ?

Nope… apparently its only you, Neil and myself who use this feature.

sigh
rsp

That is not entirely true, as indicated above.

Chewy

sorry Chewy, I was trying to be sarcastic. Because clearly it is of either very very low importance or exceedingly difficult to fix.
rsp

Yeah, I know… and I fast-fired a hyper-literal Aspergergian knee-jerk, which is kind of lame.

Sorry about that.

Still… it’s worth considering that there are at least a few here for whom it’s working fine, right? On at least a couple of platforms as reported thus far… so it would be interesting to figure out what gets in the way of it working for you and the others.

Just as I would like to know why I can’t limit the number of files in my “recent” list. I have no trouble with cleaning up projects, but my “recently opened” box is a maddening mess of directory paths and redundant filenames.

Good luck to all of us,

Chewy

:slight_smile:
No problem,
we are brothers in arms.

It really isn’t working for anyone here…well I say that badly… it isn’t like it is broken only on some machines and it isn’t on others…some ppl use it differently than others.

for me who wants it to remove any audio file, or at least notice that an audio file in a folder is not attached to any project in that folder, it is busted…I am not really sure for those who it is ‘working’ for, use it.

rsp

The only (but successful) turnaround for me here has been to use N4 for cleanup. It works… I’ve been cleaning 2 years of projects shortly. Still don’t understand why this feature doesn’t work in N5 BTW…

The issue mentioned in (1) in the first post of this thread relating to the Device Manager dropdown menu has been fixed in Nuendo 6.0.3.

The issue in (2) relating to recalling presets for External Effects and Instruments also appears to be fixed in N6.0.3.

I’m not sure about the issue in (3) relating to Creating Midi Devices as I currently have no Devices I need to create, but some work has been done on it judging be the changes in the documentation, so it too may well be fixed.

It has taken Steinberg a very long time to get around to these things, but they got there in the end.

Well done chaps!

I’m glad that SB has fixed that issues in N6, but I don’t think that the current version is stable enough, specially with some plugins combinations.

I do agree. v6.0.3 can not load BFD2.dll.

+1

V6.0.4 and V6.0.5 can load BFD2, so some progress has now been made.

CLEANUP feature, are you there ???

Still missing. Can’t believe it…