I have bought the IC Pro and have severe problems to connect to my Windows 8 PC.
My set up:
- OS Windows 8 64-bit
- Motherboard ASUS PT 6 SE
- CPU I7 920
- Latest Cubase Remote SKI
-Realtek 8111C PCIe Gigabit LAN (latest Windows 8 drivers)
- iPad 3 with iOS 6 (I have not done the last update)
I have tried the following:
- Secured that Bonjour is working. I have tested to manually restart the service. Uninstall iTunes and ONLY install Bonjour
- One IP for the computer (i.e. no WIFI, just an Ethernet cable connected to my WIFI router). NOTE: I do not use an ad hoc connection, I connect over a router.
- Open the Windows firewall for Cubase
- Disabled Bluetooth on my iPad
- Disabled the firewall in my router
- Changed the router to WEP from WPA (I did not like this however…).
- Tried to connect the iPad to another router on my network (hidden SSID, locked MAC-address and WEP).
Notes (strange things found when trouble shooting for 24+ hours…) - I got the connection working flawlessly ONCE after the iTunes thread was killed using task manager (this worked one time only…). This worked one time only??! Now I do not even have iTunes installed any longer (only the “Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2” linked by Steinberg). NOTE: The version installed by iTunes is 3 something…
- I normally “see” the iPad in Cubase but I normally do not see Cubase in my iPad (IF I see it, I can connect).
- I did sometimes get the connection to work (but unstable) when fiddling with WPA/WEP.
- I sometimes get the connection to work if I restart my router (starting like this will however hang Cubase after a few minutes work…). NOTE: The router has no firewall enabled. Both the PC and the iPad has full internet working.
- This PC is also a “Hackintosh” running OS X Lion. When booting into OS X the connection is working flawlessly (but I do not like to run Cubase in Lion as the performance seems to be somewhat lower and I have some VST that are Windows only).
Please help! I have spent too much time and effort on this!
My guess: Apple has some undocumented “features” in the Windows version that you are not aware of…
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests