Cubasis 1.2 available!

Yes it would be nice to have extra bells and whistles, but if this delivers a rock solid platform, then that is good for me for now! Thanks.

A full Midi spec would have to also include SysEx. Don’t forget about SysEx. Program, CC changes are all 3 a must. 2nd on my list I would request the tempo track and step recording.

As we were waiting for Apple’s review of our app our QA detected a problem with the release version we had uploaded and we had to pull it down.
The good news is that our engineers have solved that problem and have updated Cubasis additionally with the latest Audiobus SDK that solves many additional Audiobus related bugs. We have uploaded this new version to Apple and are waiting for their review/approval. As I said earlier in the initial post, with this release we want to make Cubasis rock solid and that’s why we decided to pull the app down to fix those last minutes problems before the app gets to you. :slight_smile:

Good call, much appreciated.

Great news!

I’m very excited to see how we can use Cubasis to augment a larger DAW setup with Cubase.

I like my tablet for portability and the touch interface, but realize it’s just impossible to recreate a full setup on a tablet. Better as a creative tool for coming up with content/ideas to then later bring back to a project.

Glad you guys are on top of the stability and updates!

My intent is mostly live recording and frankly, I was hoping to NOT have to get one of those pocket mp3 recorders. Portability is so key . Adding the Alesis io dock is a goal since I can minimize cabling, once I can get to stereo mics, I’m probably done…love it so far and it really has performed well in live events. I can also say that the iPhone 5 video did a pretty darn good job with audio as well.

I did not know the process by which Apple approves your app. I was thinking that since it was 25 to 50 times the price of their usual app, maybe they would respond 25-50 times quicker.

Hi there,
From our past experience it takes about 7 days for Apple to get to review the app and it doesn’t matter if the app is free or paid.

Not too much longer to wait now guys. Of course, then we will be pushing for the 1.3 update :wink:

Hey looking forward to the update :smiley: have you concidered to include edit funktion Insert.also it would be nice to have timestretch included for the audiosamples?,
I find it impossible to do tthe fade out/in on the tracks its like it’s bad functioning!
Br
Ren

As far as I can tell, Cubasis only supports 16-bit audio. This is a showstopper for me. I haven’t been recording in 16-bits for at least a decade.

I think that the Cubasis/iPad combination would be ideal as a scetchpad. But for this to be feasable, Cubasis must support bitdepths that are usable in Cubase.

Are there any plans to support 32-bit FP (ideally) or at least 24-bit audio?

ACE work looking forward to a stable app

What personally bugs me (no pun intended) is that updates to existing apps take as long to go through approval process with Apple as the newly submitted apps… WHY…?!
PS; My impatience to get my hands on Cubasis 1.2 is killing me, but than again, good things take time to develop :wink:
Anyway, thanks heaps Steinberg for supporting Cubasis and working on improvements and bug fixes so promptly - love it :slight_smile:

Hi all,

The update is now online!
Please don’t forget to update your Audiobus app too!

Absolutely excellent, this is going to be MEGA.

An chance of leaving the WiFi sever active when the app goes into background mode ?

Cheers.

It’ s not like I have nothing to do, but I did check routinely to see when the update would post. Yup, it is running very nicely on my iPad. I am really looking for an interface next and I am trying to maximize the portability and simplicity.
Will Steinberg be developing an iOS entry?

I really hoped the Alesis iO Dock was going to be updated sooner . That seems to grab my attention and appears to fit the portable, simple requirement.

Thank - you for a well-done job

Thanks for the update - time will tell regarding the overall stability, but i appreciate your efforts to develop and maintain this app.

However I have one issue to report that is not fixed. I previously had an issue with pitch bend not being moved with the rest of a track. This has been fixed so that dragging a track around also moves its associated pitch bend. However this has not been fixed for copy and paste. I created a short segment with pitch bend, then copy and pasted that to the next few bars - the notes were there but no pitch bend data!

Please can this be fixed asap.

How very disappointing! :frowning:
Two updates and still only 16 bit audio! Please please please make this app usable for professionals and add 24 bit support!

Hi Wally,
Upgrading the audio engine from 16 bit to 24 bit is not just simply changing a number in the code. It’s more like a heart surgery. This can not be done within a maintenance update as we don’t want to risk the stability. As I have written somewhere else, we have this topic on our list and will tackle it in due time. In the meantime we will give the users other features that have been requested too. :slight_smile:

so far so good, hasnt crashed yet!

I suggest that you take a look at your priorities, and move this to the top of the list (heartsurgery or not). Does anyone record in 16-bit anymore? I haven’t done so for over a decade!

It’s a great pity that an excellent product like Cubasis is rendered useless by this flaw. This is a showstopper for me, and I won’t touch it until you solve this major flaw. I can assure you that you are loosing a lot of sales, while your customers are sitting around, waiting (and getting annoyed)!