Android version - coming soon!

hmm … I volunteer for beta test as well.

ASUS Pad Infinity (10.1" HD screen)
Samsung Note II (5" kick ass phone)

that’s excellent news.

MC

An app for Windows Phone would be great, too.
When will official support of Nuendo be available?

Great news. I was thinking of buying an iphone when I saw your Cubasis, but iphone was too expensive, Now that you will develop for android, I have some hope that I can get an android phone to use it. Please let us know what version of Android will be more suitable. :slight_smile:

You can expect it to work with Android 4 and newer. If older versions are working needs to be seen.

cheers
arne

This Android version can’t come soon enough! :slight_smile:

I couldn’t wait and bought iPad mini. Yet to buy cubasis. I’ve heard enough reviews about latency issue with android.

Any target date yet?

Ok I just saw Q2 mentioned which could mean anywhere from April to June…I was hoping it was by Q2

Hi there,
We are still aiming at Q2. :slight_smile:

I would certainly help beta test as well. I currently use TouchDAW on Android (for remotely controlling Cubase 6.5 and Reason 6.5), but I’d much rather have something dedicated to Cubase. It isn’t much use other than for simple tasks like starting/stopping playback/recording.

TouchDAW ran well on my HTC Desire, but I am now running it on a much snappier Samsung S3. Looking forward to seeing this released.

Any news on the release date? I could also apply as beta-tester(Galaxy Tab 2), if needed.

I’d like to know/help too - I can represent the mass with my nexus 7 :wink:)

Q2! so any time between next week and end of June?

Glad I seen this thread as was looking to sell Asus Tf300 at a big loss then take an Ipad 3 just for this app.
Phew, very glad I am able to stay with the freedom that Android allow.

Good job guys, well will be when it appears.

Before you do ANYTHING that will cost you money, please test the free version of the app with your Cubase and your network. Borrow a friends iPad/iPhone if you don’t have any. If the free version does not work, the Pro version won’t either.

The network part of this app is very, very bad and you do run a risk of spending money on something that does not work (as I did).

Am I being foolish to assume Stienberg will have addressed this issue in the Android version before they release it?

Great I can finally get rid of my Iphone 4S! :slight_smile:

Any progress to report on the Android version yet?

OK, Now we’re in Q2… I don’t here any drum rolls. Does Steinberg have a date to announce yet! I’m waiting to see if I’ll go with an iPad or an Android Tablet… Hurry up!

My 2 cents.

If you can afford iPad or iPad Mini, why not go for it… You won’t regret. Compared to phones and tablets, if you choose tablets, I think for music production iPad will be more useful for its stability and low latency.

I was in your situation. I guessed even if they launch android version, it will definitely contains bugs and latency issues, because its Android after all.

But if you don’t afford it, I suggest you wait and see. And if its not urgent.

Anilnc, i think the point is that many of us already have Android and are waiting for IC Pro to arrive so we can make even more use of our cough cough superior tablets :slight_smile:

I personally had my Asus Tf300 on Gumtree for sale so I could replace it with an IPad and IC Pro, that was until I read that the Android version is due soon.

I personally cant see there being any mega issues, if the IPad can not it then damn it so can a well specced tablet (heres praying).

Come on Steinberg update us please.