Deleting samples from the media bay using iTunes?

Deleting samples from the media bay using iTunes?

Postby iJay » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Is anyone else having trouble opening the media bay folders using the viewer in iTunes?

Specifically, is it possible to 'batch-delete' audio files/midi files using the iTunes dialogue? When I try to expand folders by double clicking on them, via iTunes, they won't open.

I understand the process of in app audio deletion will be made slightly less frustrating with the 1.2 update - although it seems ludicrous you have the ability to batch-drop & import samples via iTunes, but can only delete these one by one through the app.
iJay

Re: Deleting samples from the media bay using iTunes?

Postby Akamarko » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm

You might be able to do it connecting with the wifi server. You turn on the wifi server on the setup screen of Cubasis then point a supported web browser to the wifi address. From there you can transfer files back and forth between pc and iPad and deleted file as well.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Postby Frieder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 am

iJay wrote:Is anyone else having trouble opening the media bay folders using the viewer in iTunes?

Specifically, is it possible to 'batch-delete' audio files/midi files using the iTunes dialogue? When I try to expand folders by double clicking on them, via iTunes, they won't open.

I understand the process of in app audio deletion will be made slightly less frustrating with the 1.2 update - although it seems ludicrous you have the ability to batch-drop & import samples via iTunes, but can only delete these one by one through the app.

Hello,

it is not possible to open the folders from iTunes. The only thing you can do from iTunes is copy a complete folder to your computer. This is not a limitation of Cubasis but of iTunes.

The WiFi-Server is in the app to overcome these limitations and to allow editing the folder structure of Cubasis. As Akamarko pointed out, I would recommend using the WiFi-Server (Open Audio/MIDI folder, select all files, tap delete).

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby iJay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks very much for the swift response guys.

I've never used the WiFi server functionality before - but was exactly what I needed.

I'd also like to say, kudos to the Steinberg team for crafting such a phenomenal app. Looking forward to the updates & additional functionality to come.
iJay

Return to Cubasis