How to solve connection issues

Dear Armand,
Thanks for your reply.

I did check the provided link. Did fulfill all recommendations (had previously changed back to WPA from WEP as WEP did not change anything in a positive way for me).

I have not changed/updated the firmware in my router and it could very much be the thing that could “solve” this problem. Reason being, the router is provided by my network supplier and I do not have the possibility to update firmware on my own. A thing worth to note here is that I am randomly able to connect during the reboot of my router (i.e. it looks like the combination of my router, IC Pro, Windows 8 (64-bit) and Cubase is “guilty”).

And, note that the same router works (with the same actual PC) when I boot into OS X Lion and use the same iPad with same IC Pro to connect to the same version of Cubase 7, same version of SKI etc.

I have also some other strange information to give you about things I found when trouble shooting:

-There is in Google play a competitive product called “To….daw”. This is also using “bonjour” on the PC. This works perfectly and is very snappy when connecting from my Android phone. This is on the same Windows 8 installation that refuses to let IC Pro to connect to Cubase 7 (this is how I have “solved” the situation for now). One difference might be that the program installed on the PC for To….daw seems to be 32-bit (SKI for Windows 8 64 bit is 64 bit I guess?).

• I will almost always in Cubase see the free version of IC but almost never the IC Pro. Even though I see the free version, it will normally not connect if I do not randomly start/stop iTunes, start/stop bonjour, reboot router, enable/disable Ethernet, etc (this can take hours so it is not an option). In fact, I will normally not see the computer in any of the free or Pro version but can frequently see the free version in Cubase…

Is there a difference how the free version and the Pro version communicate with the SKI?
What could cause the SKI/Cubase to see the free version but the free version not to see the computer?

Let me know if you would like to get any other logs or things like that.

Cheers