Bravo - String section Attempt

U sir are in a league that very VERY few players are in as both a writer and musician, I’d play for you any day of week :slight_smile:

oh and thanks!
Kenny

You did this with no training I would say ‘Bravo’. I can hear this piece as the music in a movie, I don’t mind the harmonies that you used, to my ear it makes it more interesting. For a first attempt, not bad. The instrument, I think it is bassoon (not sure) that comes in at 2:58 sounds a bit loud in comparison to the rest of the instruments and I would like to hear more volume swells and contrasts in volume. Michae

Thanks, I have done many string/horn arrangements for pop/jazz. I did a fugue about 2 minutes long when I was trying to play Bach (trying is the key word). But I never tried anything like this. I may try and finish it and make a whole piece one day.
I was wondering if the Bassoon was 2 loud when I mixed thanks for pointing out. The major string parts at begin and end were mixed powerful because they were pitched as a production company logo (30sec and 1min length) for a network show, I hope they use but I also did a CSI type piece to give them more choice.