Cubase 7.0.3 / Cubase Artist 7.0.3 announcement

Performance?

Thanks! Great update, fixes lots of stuff… but still a crap load of issues exist, so keep 'em coming. :nerd:

:open_mouth: That’s a massive list of fixes :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow thank you! That sounds amazing!!
• REMOTE: Remote Controls no longer show channels which are hidden in MixConsole. :smiley::D:D
does the fader groups buttons work properly on a MCU now?
Also is it possible to assign a key command on the “search track” button? that would be a huge workflow enhancement for me!!

Just curious Helge…any improvement with usb midi? I hate habing to restart Cubase evey time I turn on my korg m3, yamaha motif, arturia origin, virus ti…and the list goes on. Clients in the studio are also asking this, as it is a real creativity stopper. Little embarrassing. Great update and kudos on the communication. I stayed with Sonar for 9 years because of their good communication. X2 is just too buggy. Hope to be with Cubase a long time!

7.02 is good on my system - 7.03 is going to be great.

Fantastic list of fixes, well done SB.
Seriously this is more fixes than Logic 9 received in 4 years, so glad I switched :slight_smile:

I really impressed how SB are listening to their user base, like improving pre/post indication on sends, excellent.

Can’t wait for the 27th

Very nice!
“• REMOTE: Remote Controls no longer show channels which are hidden in MixConsole.”
You kept that for the end of the list, naughty boy!! What a suspense!! :laughing: Thanks for all that, and “bon courage pour la suite”.

I see no mention of "[R-3455] plugins are hiding behind fullscreen mixer’ being fixed. Is this still broken? This is a major PITA for those of us running multiple screens [of which I imagine there are many]

Any update on this please?

+1
{‘-’}

+1!!!

Nice! Thanks guys. Had me a bit scared with the MCU fix all the way at the end. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

Wow! :astonished: I did not expect this update so fast! Sincerely, thank you very much! :smiley:

The theme of the compressors still remains the same, right? :cry:
Helge, please! Could you comment on whether there is any intention to fix this and when? :confused:

Did They add an UnDo button on that mixer, I didn’t see it listed or missed it. oh Please!!! :ugeek:

Oh, not good. But other fixes are huge. Maybe this time MixConsole will be pleasure to work with it.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
fantastic…
and thanks for re introducing the pre post fader toggle … that was realy a pain in the …well you know :smiley: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Brilliant, sounds like a GREAT step forward addressing a huge range of issues, excellent, it’s really very welcome.

BUT - echoing some of the posts above, theres no mention of floating VSTi windows that dissapears under the MC when it takes focus, leading to loads and loads of double and double double clicking to bring them to the fore.

Other than a clear divider or channel highlight on a selected channel - all the way up to the top of a slected MC channel with all the needless clicking about is really one of the most annoying and frustrating things about trying to mix on C7 with the MC it all seems to be going in the right direction.

REALLY looking forward to this update, that’s for sure.

Thanks Helge

Looking at that list I feel blessed I’ve had no issues :sunglasses:

Great work

+1

Also please bring back a way to single press to see plugins and knowing what plugins is up front (like the “e” used to be blue when the pluging is up front) and I would also like that when we press the left side of the plugins, it deactivate it instead of bypassing it (always having to alt click drives me nuts)
I seriously love the new mixer, but the old plugins buttons where heaven compared to this … I’m sure there’s something simple you guys can do about it!

I’ve just got round to trialling C7, and was delighted to find that track names in the mixer are hard truncated. I use some very long track names which are incomprehensible when “intelligently” shortened in C6, and along with some long standing bug fixes, it was the feature that has made me decide to upgrade. But then I noticed this in the “fixes” for 7.0.3:

The name of tracks and plug-ins are no longer hard truncated but sensibly shortened

Nooooooo! That’s a huge step backwards for me. I think I’ll stick with my upgrade plans, but will stay on 7.0.2 for the time being, it will break a crucial part of my workflow. Having a name truncated is so so much more useful, and mirrors the behaviour over EuCon - you can put all the important info into the first few characters, and flesh out details in the rest of the name (some of mine are up to 220 characters to include all sorts of complex routing info via VE Pro).

The answer here I think is to have both options available in preferences - is that something that could be done for 7.0.4?

Hi steiny,

Great release ! a lot of work achieved since 7.0.2

Thanks a lot