Cubase 7.0.3 / Cubase Artist 7.0.3 announcement

I’ve just got round to trialling C7, and was delighted to find that track names in the mixer are hard truncated. I use some very long track names which are incomprehensible when “intelligently” shortened in C6, and along with some long standing bug fixes, it was the feature that has made me decide to upgrade. But then I noticed this in the “fixes” for 7.0.3:

The name of tracks and plug-ins are no longer hard truncated but sensibly shortened

Nooooooo! That’s a huge step backwards for me. I think I’ll stick with my upgrade plans, but will stay on 7.0.2 for the time being, it will break a crucial part of my workflow. Having a name truncated is so so much more useful, and mirrors the behaviour over EuCon - you can put all the important info into the first few characters, and flesh out details in the rest of the name (some of mine are up to 220 characters to include all sorts of complex routing info via VE Pro).

The answer here I think is to have both options available in preferences - is that something that could be done for 7.0.4?