Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5: 6.5.4 Update available

6.5 is an update for 6-0? update … but we have to pay for it?

Well, if I remember correctly, the C6.5 includes Retrologue and Padshop plus a couple of other things which the free update 6.07 does not have.

I did’nt mind paying $50.00 for those.

Cheers,

Mauri.

No, 6.5 was a different version of its own, with updates being developed for both. C6 is finished with version 6.0.7 and 6.5 is awaiting the last supported version, which will be 6.5.5. The difference in price (€ 50) was made up by the release of Cubase 7, which is € 50 cheaper coming from 6.5.

An upgrade requires an activation code which requires payment, whereas an update does not require either.

Generally at least, this has been the procedure in the past.

Halooooooo 6 months passed when Cubase 6.5.4 will be a stable version? I’ve broght C7 but it’s a nightmare buggy right now, I would like to have a super stable version of 6.5.4 thanks :smiley:

Mine is stable. What’s going on with your copy?

I have never had any crashes.

:smiley:[/quote]

Mine is stable. What’s going on with your copy?

I have never had any crashes.[/quote]

I dont know i’ve back to 6.5.3 to have a stable version, I’m using Komplete Ultimate 8 and Melodyne, in 6.5.4 somethimes crash when the Ram it’s hardly used. I think it depends ond the VST instruments management expecially with Kontakt and his drums libraries and strings libraries. So it’s much better than C7 of course but I would have the 6.5.4 improvements without these problems. I’m working also under 10.7.5 in 32bit mode. 64 bit mode it’s very unstable like C7. I know there are not problems under windows, but Mac versions suffers a lot of bugs when you use external hardware FX and Native Instruments.

I cant back to cubase 6 with my project started on C7… how???

thanks

jj
cubase 6 does not load C7 song.jpg

Why would you expect Cubase 6 to open a Cubase 7 project?

And, why are you posting about it in this thread?

BTW, 6.5.4 is stable for me.

My friend, i’ve exposed this issue because Steinberg says I can open Cubase 7 project under 6.5.4, that’s why. With some exeptions about Cubase 7 features of course. But I didnt used any “special” features in the C7 project. I hope it’s more clear now.
I started a project under C7 but under OSX 10.7.5 it crash and CPU spikes, as other osx user reports. So they suggest to back to 6.5 and open the project but… I cant. 6.5.4 get more crash than 6.5.3 on my experiences on OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 , if you are Windows user you should not have any problems as I saw on the forum users experience. Remaining in 6.5.3 still crash on quit somethimes. Looks like problems with Ram and 64bit management of the system. But i’m not a programmer, that’s what I feel.

Thanks for asking.

Steinberg, can you please provide a fully supported maintenance update. The supported 6.5.3 was released 7 month’s ago. Releasing a new product version, without properly releasing a supported maintenance update for the previous product version, looks a little disorganized for a company.

Hello, Speedring Here

I have more gear than I know how to use and I a am stuck trying to more forward. I have had cubase for a long time but never really got the hang of it and currently have version 6.5.4. I am a drummer and have a electronic Roland VPro Drum set. I have successfully recorded 8 channels out of my Roland drum module and added some Halion One systh stuff to it. These can be heard at www.soundcloud.com/Jacksstudio

My stumbling block is with the outputs. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and it comes with a program called Mix Control. This program is either so simple that I am trying to hard or it is way to confusing to make sense. Should I be using Cubase to organize the headphone mixes I need or do I need to to use a program like mix control to route custom headphone mixes. I currently can monitor the Stereo 1/2 output on my studio monitors.

In addition I have read several threads on making a click track in Cubase that can be sent to one of these custom mixes. None of the threads describing the process the same so did not want to waste allot of time trying them. Can anyone help.

You might want to create your own topic instead of hijacking the update announcement topic.
Anyway, read up on the control room in the Cubase manual, that can do what you want.

Just went back to my motorcycle repair shop because they forgot to properly mount one and other.
Luckily I don’t drive Yamaha.

still waiting a real 6-5-4 official update… pleaseeeeeeeeeeee steinberg just make 6.5 a super stable version… :smiley:

They won´t, otherwise people would be happy and they wouldn´t upgrade to C7.

I bought Cubase 6.5 few days before grace period for free upgrade to Cubase 7. Now I must pay additional 149Euro to get update? Just for the new mixing Console, spectrum analyser and no new VST? Its waste. It should have been 50-100 US$ not even Euro.

More annoying is, during 14th Febraury one day 50% sale for permanent licenses of Halion Sonic, HSO, etc. I had a problem with my paypal account and order via Bank transfer. But the details they sent me for wire transfer was not enough. and they gave 7 days time to make the payment. When my bank asked more details like the recipient’s Bank address, etc I sent a mail to Steinberg requesting the same. But no reply. Only my local support team replied that they forwarded my request to steinberg, But one month passed and no reply. Upon multiple follow ups, the local team forwarded the reply mail from steinberg saying they cannot do anything. WHAT THE !@#$%^&… Then why on the earth they gave such an option?

Thus I even could not get an upgrade for my VST as well.

VERY POOR SERVICE… They even don’t want customers i THINK.

There is even a 2 month long pending on a Cubase project which was crashing on exit.

Only one doubt I have, please plase PLEASE answer this. Do Steinberg support team sleep a lot or they don’t have any separate team to reply mails and keep the word ‘online support’ a truth or their team don’t have knowledge?

No other company I came across who don’t even acknowledge you for receiving a request. Atleast some reputed companies said that they are working on it and will update me the status. PFFFFF

I think there is no difference between a user using pirated Cubase and a user who invested money on Cubase (just for the additional support and updates). For me no more updates of Cubase also. :angry: :cry: :cry:

VERY SAD AND DISSAPPOINTED

+1 :laughing:

They will, as they told us already, and as they did with Cubase 5 after 6 came out. Now, you must be so happy! :sunglasses: