Cubase 7.0.3 / Cubase Artist 7.0.3 announcement

Not been around long, eh? :exclamation:

ROTFLMAO!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

Yes, nothing said about that so far, still much more sluggish than 6.5 :imp:

Yup

The way you manage bugs (forum to list issues, feedback, communication…) is remarkable ! Very professional. Great :wink:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

This is an excellent new.
Kudos to Steini for the fast updates release. Really a good move and deserves a massive “Steinberg love spreading” attitude. :mrgreen:

Being that performance is priority for such a grand or any DAW, I’m quite surprised by the lack of interest by SB on this issue.

I’m a artist-producer working (or should I say half-working) on a TOP audio program (3 months & counting) who’s audio engine ISN’T up to par (Cracks, stutters, hiccups, spits & farts)… yet their priority seems to be fixing tweaks instead of N° 1…a flawlessly sound engine!

It doesn’t matter how many tweak improvements you make, if your program’s engine doesn’t play properly! I changed from Pro Tool’s because of this same issue with Avid…and now, guess what?!

Steiny, get your audio (engine, variaudio, etc.) together or you’ll end up going down-hill like Pro Tools (selling stock so low that they’re being kicked off the Nasdaq)

Prioritize please…Audio performance first!

Great news and thanks to SB! Obviously my Easter is programmed now. :smiley:

moond.

Its obvious you got issues with the program. But I could be of course all be hardware related. I dont say that it is, but it might. Because for me on the other hand, Cubase never have worked better! (besides the minor bugs) it is rock solid

I see you are using a laptop, not one of the best options to use it as a daw…

Seems really system specific. Mac/PC. OS. Laptop/tower and so on.
On my side i never had any performance issue, nor glitches, pops or crackles. (i’m not big a variaudio user, maybe luckily…I don’t know)
I even use live 8.4.x as slave sometimes. No issue either.
I never had enjoyed cubase so much. It is rock solid for me. :sunglasses:

I don’t belive so…I have a Computer Engineering Degree for 30 yrs and I’ve tried C7, C7.0.1 & now C7.0.2 on many machines…besides, I don’t have these issues with C6.5!

Plus, yes I’m on a laptop but if you don’t know by now…it’s not the size of your tool but the power & how you use it, that counts! :bulb:

Well, not exactly true, nor fair; SB have been actively pursuing the topic - even asking directly/specifically for folks help in trying to resolve the matter…

OK, you’re presuming that’s nothing to do with you; its an OS X issue/topic/request - you’re on Win8 I see… however, gains found on one platform could give at least some underlying clues to similar on the other…

Just saying :wink:

Yes…sorry, you took it personal!

It"s just that I would believe that audio issues would have priority over manipulation. Looking forward to 7.0.3 and even more 7.0.4 … which should have been 7.0.1

I’ve only worked on CB since v5.1 x32 and every version since in x64 and I’ve never had sound issues till C7 x64. Obviously, there’s quite a few code changes under the hood and not only aesthetics.

thanks for the link!

I changed from Pro Tool’s because of this same issue with Avid

Hmm…maybe it is you or your machine if your having the same problems across differing applications? There’s going be a greater demand on any hardware after such a major release is there not? Never had problems here running 24 channels from DSP light pipe to digital mixer since early days of first pentium apart from super duper ram which was known to have a slight voltage instability, once that was replaced all went well. Also Check your sample rates and word clock Asio and buffers as well as your sound card manufacture’s.

C7 with new MC and other new features is a fantastic and bold move and apart from the well documented issues a few design flaws which are being addressed. Just as well that most people have had the common sense to run it wise by side with C6.5 until they have the confidence to take it into time critical paid work.

If it’s as bad as say, ask for online support to help you get it sorted.

Now, what else can we moan about folks? :slight_smile:

Seeing as you’re on W8, is this post from SB any good to you?

• 2e903480982309482673849875039487

Thanks Steinberg, I love the way you do things these days, you’re a great company with good people!

Keep on the good work.

Huge list!

Thanks Steinberg!

Just wanted to thank you guys at steinberg involved in the hard work!
Really nice to see this huge amount of communication with the community and fans :exclamation:

Every single person ive shown cubase to since i switched from logic have been impressed with it.

im baffled to why protools and logic are “standards” still, when they are both stuck in old times