FLAC for lossless audio?

So if i follow you, Steinberg should remove support for the AIFF, MXF, and FLAC recording file formats, as a minority of users actualy use them ? Interesting…

Well, if you use a non destructive recording format like FLAC (or soon WavPack i hope :wink: ), you can actually directly archive your Nuendo projects “as is”, gaining about 50% of the size and time in the backup process…

SSDs of about 500GB in size cost between 400$ and 700$ depending on the performance, this is not what i call cheap. I don’t want to talk for Kewl, but if you look at its signature, you’ll see that he’s using a MacBook Pro with an internal SSD, with a MH ULN-8 probably alimented via DC power. A compact rig. Sometimes needed. Even with 100GB free on its 160 stock SSD, if he needs to record 8 tracks for more than 4 hours in 24/192, this would be about 63GB. I think this is his point.

Frankly, i use exclusively BWAV in my projects, and also for my sound libraries, only because Pro Tools and Soundminer do NOT recognize FLAC or anything else compressed and non-destructive (except Apple thing which i don’t want to use). But this is another story.

I don’t understand why you’re opposing this kind of legitimate request, knowing that’s it’s clearly easy to implement for Steinberg on a dev point of view… If i see here feature requests from Nuendo users that i don’t need (and there are a lot), i just shut up and pass… I made an exception for the “restoration” tools some asked for, just because i think THIS is a waste of dev time because third party plugins developpers already do a great job in this area.