Cubasis 1.3 sneak preview!

Can’t your GUI designer move to the Cubase dept. to help them out in creating a proper, clean and usable GUI?

Is it possible to sequence and record external hardware Midi modules and synths yet? I mean with no limitations such the lack of program changes, etc. Please, the included set of sounds is really poor, and it’s not even a standard GM2 set… :confused: It’s really difficult to me to use this software to draft my songs with those default instruments.

Nice improvement indeed.

Will there be (or is there already) updates that allows cubasis to support multiple outs on the interfaces already available?

Would be really great when thinking about live setups when using backing tracks, sending click track to one out and stereo tracks to another output etc.

Would be great to know. :slight_smile:

Hi Nepalkuula,

We have multiple output support on our feature request list. :slight_smile:

Awesome! :smiley: Now I will definitely consider Cubasis as one of the alternatives of playing live backing tracks. Definitely great!

How glad will you be when it becomes reallity? :wink:

(never seen so much happiness for just a request list. :slight_smile: )

… on the subject of using to play backing tracks, [which is of interest to me also ] it would be great to have a View::mode display, that focuses predominantly as full screen MIXER view, and a transport bar WITHOUT the [REC] button, nothing like hitting the [rec] button accidentally when you’re about to perform a song live …
… may even be worthwhile considering incorporating blocks in the arrange view, and then with the potential of having a full screen view that allowed for the blocks (ie [intro], [verse1], [verse2] [chorus], [solo], [bridge] etc) to be repeated by pressing its corresponding [PAD] to repeat it, could be useful also in a live scenario …

regards
/Stef

It is looking like a greater interest in “live” use. Whether recording or playback: the conveniences just by the equipment differences alone, is monumental. I constantly scan the web for interfaces to see what improvements or updates are being made…still a bit limited.

Will 1.3 have the ability to save mix downs as mp3 (320k) vs m4a (256k) :question:

Hello,

1.3 will not contain updates regarding file formats. Mixdown of m4a in 256k is already possible, isn’t it?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Really like the look of Cubasis Mixer channels. Cubase 7 should get some of that action :sunglasses:

Care to share any more ‘sneak previews’, any info appreciated. :wink:

Rob

Hi,
Yes, Mixdown of m4a in 256k is already possible.
The mp3 320k format sounds better and is 1 million times more compatible than the m4a 256k format.
(Even in your own app)

Don’t believe me, do this test.
Email yourself a CUBASIS Mixdown in the m4a 256k format.
Now download the file
After it has fully downloaded, press and hold the file.
Now you will get the option to “open In” several apps.
(CUBASIS will be one of them.)
Tap on CUBASIS and see what happens…
Nothing.

Now Email yourself a mp3 file (created from a different app)
Repeat the above steps…
It will work every time.

So, since saving in the mp3 format is not being addressed in this release, maybe allow the m4a format to “open in” CUBASIS from emai?

New EQ looks great! Thank you for that. I’m really into messing with those elements when mixing, so this is a great addition. :smiley:

Can u please respond???

Hello,

sorry, I somewhat thought I had already answered you. Yes, we are aware of this problem. Can you try whether you are able to open the m4a file with other apps?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hey i cant Import now an Audio file in my Audio Ordner.
Before i Update it Works.
Thanks herb

I can Open the file in Garage Band no Problem
Thanks herb

No worries,
The only app that opens the m4a file:
AMPKIT

There are several apps that say that can open the m4a file, but don’t:
DJay
CUBASIS
NLog Pro
Sample Wiz
Loopy HD
Magellan
ThumbJam
JamUp Pro

Hello,

thanks for trying it out. This is consistent to the feedback that I got from development. It seems that iOS changes the extension of the file in between. However, we might be able to provide a fix in the future.

Kind regards,
Frieder