[ISSUE] NUENDO 6.0.3: REALTIME MIXDOWN LOUDER?

In all honesty, I’ve never exported and monitored at the same time. Or if I have, I’ve dimmed my monitors.

For me the spec measurement is happening either when I print, so there’s no monitoring issue (and it’s realtime just like the export monitor), or after the file is completed I will drop into Dolby MM and run a faster than realtime measurement at that point.

What spec is dependent upon the volume that you’re listening to on export? I totally get that it’s disconcerting that the output monitoring volume changes from when you’re mixing and when you’re bouncing - this should work correctly. I’m more curious what measurements are being taken during the realtime export that is being monitored? SPL?

Personally, I think we all should get used to initial software releases being buggy - they always have been, and I think they always will be especially with the demand for bigger and better things. I’m running N6.0.3 on 10.7.4 in 64-bit, but have my N5.5/10.6.8 32-bit partition ready to go.

I’m not defending Steiny, but I certainly think we, as Nuendo users, have far more ears on what we’re asking for/what needs to be fixed than other communities. Feels like we users play a bigger role in the R+D for the next versions, and that has much value to me.

Cheers all -

kp