FLAC for lossless audio?

AIFF is a minor audio format nowadays, even minorer as FLAC IMHO.
I know you didn’t ask for removal of some actual supported formats like FLAC, but you probably would have reacted the same for the inclusion of these in Nuendo at the time, wouldn’t you ?

[quote=“Dorian”]
I don’t understand why you’re opposing this kind of legitimate request, knowing that’s it’s clearly easy to implement for Steinberg on a dev point of view…
[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong - I like requests and have made them myself…but please do not presume to know how easy or not easy something is to implement from a dev point of view. Only Steiny know for sure. > :slight_smile:

I’m not a prfessionnal dev but i work with some regularly (internal projects and beta testing), and i can easily imagine implementing WavPack is not such a big deal for Steinberg. But you’re right, i’m not in the Steinberg dev team, neither are you by the way.

This is not a nonsensical conclusion IMHO. You would probably have reacted in the same way at the time of implementing FLAC or MXF in Nuendo, back in the days. That was my point.

Nobody is saying support for existing formats should be removed. Really the only reason people are voicing a different opinion is probably because they (I at least) think development cycles could be used better than developing support for a native recording format that most people don’t use. I for one would like to see Steinberg spend WAY more time dealing with what actually gives us the media to work on to begin with; aaf/omf exchange. I can’t think of many issues that are of higher importance than this for a post-production DAW. And I think other people feel similarly; better to spend the time on certain things than others.

Correcting bugs and issues are not feature requests. This thread is about a (quite simple to implement one, IMHO) feature request.
C’mon, we’re not asking Steinberg to stop correcting issues here, just to implement a small and tiny thing which really makes sense (at least for Kewl and me).

On a side note, if you’re concerned with OMF/AAF transfers, have a look to AATranslator, a great tool that adresses most of the problems we are all facing with interoperability between DAWs and editing suites. I’m using this tool on a regular basis, but i’m not asking Steinberg to stop “loosing” dev time with their AAF support that i don’t use. Do you get my point ? Just teasing you :wink: .

Sorry for the loosy english, it is not my native language…