POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

As I thought!

no

Yep!

No. Wait, what?

For me too - regularly!
I have the same config (6.05 x64), no dependence discovered. But except the message, no other issues.

This is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR bug. I am completely fatigued of having to reboot the computer to get Cubase to exit. Is Steinberg listening?

I have had occasional hangs using C6 in 32 bit version, running on Windows 7 64 bit platform. The only consistent cause seems to be that the larger the file, the more this tends to happen. I typically close the program in 2 steps -first close the song, then the actual program. Hope this helps solve the issue.
Joey Daddario

Me too

First of all sorry for not reading myself through the whole thread, so my problem may have been mentioned before.

For me Cubase 6.0 was working perfectly but the latest update 6.05 causes a crash on exit (100%). Nevertheless projects can be saved and re-opened without any problem. Also the free Alchemy player GUI won’t show up, instead just a black nothing. Therefore I decided to go back to the 6.0 version.

I have been running Cubase 6 on Windows 7 64 bit without any trouble for some time suddenly it hangs on closing 80% of the time. I have tried everything suggested in this posting and it still happens. I suspect it is since I upgraded to 6.05. I haven’t tried rolling back to 6.00.

What disappoints me is there doesn’t appear to be any response from Steinberg. Come on guys I have been a loyal user since the MIDI only days. I can’t afford to loose the time it takes me to reboot every time I change projects. We need you to acknowledge that there is a problem and to fix it.

For the record it tends to happen more frequently on the larger projects, it does it with projects using standard Cubase plug-ins only. Some times I have to close using task manager; sometime I have to reboot the whole operating system.

I am running an Intel® Core™ i5CPU 760 @280Ghz 280Ghz RAM 3.00GB

Windows professional with Service pack 1 and an M-Audio Project mix Firewire audio interface and control surface

Never had any problems like hanging on exit in Cubase 6 on Win7 eiter 64-bit nor 32-bit. I Run them both for about one year now on a dedicated i7-920 studio PC.

Just upgraded to 6.5. Still crashes on exit every time! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

That’s sad news!
Since 6.05 didn’t work for me I’d appreciate, if more people on here share their experiences with the upgrade 6.5.

Cheers!

I have been using Cubase 6.0.0 - 6.0.5 x64 everyday for work on my W7 x64 i7 2600k system since last May. I have never seen it hang on exit, not even once.

I just upgraded to 6.5 and am still having a crash/freeze on exit. It does not happen every time, but when it happens it is annoying, since I have to force shut down Cubase (task manager) and when re-opening I will give me a ‘ASIO driver open failure’ message, so I have to reboot altogether.

I can’t believe how little response there is from Steinberg on this matter.
This thread is over a year old and Steinberg does not even seem to acknowledge the problem.
In this whole thread there are like only 3 or 4 responses from Steinberg ? Really?!?! Very disappointing in my opinion.

Lars

Indeed! Under these circumstances I’m not even sure, if I should install the “bugfix update” 6.06 (that will most probably crash my working 6.0 version, funny isn’t it?) let alone upgrading to 6.5.

my 6.5 works but I could have preferred a no synths update but to have the crash/exit issue and REAL PROBLEMS shown some more love from the developers and, maybe more so, the ones in charge. It doesn’t work that way, I know, but it would look good and felt even better.

Liebe Steinberger,

in Germany (population app. 80 million) a survey with 2.000 test persons qualifies as representative.
Therefore a poll with more than 400 participants, of which almost 50 % claim to have a problem with the software, is something I’d call at least “significant”.

Hardly. First of all, people with no problem at all are less represented in this group since they’re more likely not to bother. Or aren’t active in the forum at all. Plus, this poll here spreads over more than a year, and 5 Cubase updates. I myself had the problem a couple of times in the beginning, but haven’t in a very long time. Not saying Steinberg shouldn’t take this seriously, but if they can’t reproduce and there is no reproduceable case it’s hard to fix, if not impossible.