Cubase on Pc or a Mac ?

The truth is, a PC will run Cubase much more efficiently, given the same processor, RAM etc. So, with $2,000 you can build the ultimate PC that will be faster than anything Apple has in its catalog.

Where did that come from? This is NOT true. I have been running Cubase for 7 years on different configurations, both PCs and MACs and on different OS. I have been in a position where I could test different configurations. The least trouble with CB is by far experienced with MACs. Within Cubase I experience no speed difference between the two (wtih comparison configurations) but I have experienced a lot of difference in trouble like program freeze and sudden shut downs and plugs that won’t run properly - all in favor of MAC. And the MACs have alway been more responsive when opening the program.

My current configuration is a MAC pro and a PC as a slave (both VST linked and VEPro linked). The PC slave is used to run plugs not avialable on MAC. However it is less and less used as most (useful) plugs now come on both platforms.

A MAC is always a MAC (within the same model), but a PC is seldom a PC. A PC can be assembled in sooooooo many ways, using different components. MAC in just one. MAC is more expencive to buy YES, but counting all the trouble I have had with CB on different PCs, the MAC comes out as the CHEAP solution. Just look at the forum and see what kind of trouble the two different platforms yield.