WL8 Price

Is Osx 10.6.8 supported?

Any improvements in the Time Stretch & Pitch Correct department (Elements)?
And about Sonnox plug-ins?

Osx 10.6.8 is not supported. It might work with eg. 8.0.0, but there is no guarantee for future updates.

Time stetching has not changed.

Sonnox plugins for mac osx 32 bit, have been updated (cocoa versions)

Hm, why I should update? Since WLab 7 GUI isn’t made for me(!), I started my mastering sessions in Nuendo and with N6, these process is more comfortable. All these Plugins from WLab 8 are in N6 yet. Why i should pay for this again? Loudness meter, Loudness track and control monitors in Nuendo already. I had hoped there are big changes in GUI, but I don’t see any in WLab 8 videos. Think, these will be the first version which I skip. Mastering in Nuendo and only fine-tuning/CD-burning in WLab 7 …

I think i’ll skip this upgrade.
I am not interested in speaker management and i already payed for some features (loudness meter,plugins) in Cubase 7.If Steinberg would offer me some kind of discount for owing latest Cubase and Wavelab i could consider it.
But Steinberg never does such generous gestures…

As I suggested, if Steinberg would allow us to Pre-order then even though the prog is not available until May- it would be extremely useful to get a start with the manual.

Agreed. If you already have Nuendo 6 - there is really nothing here that you need.

The lack of a modern GUI update in WL8 is beyond disappointing to me but then again - 99 bucks (or whatever the upgrade cost is) is better than $349.

I already know that I will be skipping the Nuendo 6 upgrade (That app is officially a mess compared with the speed and clarity of Studio One 2.5) but I will need to look at the WL8 manual in depth prior to deciding if I am going to bother with the WL8 update. Plus - I am certain that Studio One 3.x will be adding all the nice loudness metering etc that I am really looking for - so it may pay to wait for that anyway…

VP

I also have N5 and demo of N6 and can do my mastering in it.

Only thing I really like in wl7 is the Smart bypass function, which shows the difference between original and processed master. Which I think is a must have.

In N5 or N6 you have to make a separate channel and match loudness manually, which takes time and is not as accurate.

If someone develops a vst plugin for such purposes, which can be used in Nuendo then I would do it there and use WL only for DDP creation.

Regards
Denis
www.mastering.lt

Hello,

WaveLab 8 and Elements 8 will be available in May 2013!
And yes, there is a new manual, renewned in-app help system, and in total 150+ new
improvements.

A major GUI change will happen probably with the next version, however if WL 7 is opened next
to WL 8 you will notice a clear refinement on the graphics side.

While there are tools and functions also available in Nuendo 6, for instance, WaveLab 8 can
not only do loudness metering, but also processing to an individual target scale (or standard
EBU), which is not possible in Nuendo 6. Also, typical mastering tools such as high-quality
dither, Meta data inclusion, updated Batch processing considering EBU standards, high-res
zooming for editing, SuperClips for making large session handling easy (and common PQ editing)
and much more is exclusive to WaveLab 8.

Thanks,
Timo

This is one of the most sought after features for me…but again - until I can see that manual…:slight_smile:

VP

In the meantime (until manual is available), I recommend the short feature videos
we have on our product pages.

Thanks,
Timo

I have checked them out…too short in spots but generally well done.

VP

Hi Timo, are you able to say that the update will be available in early May? Can you confirm that the update from WL7 to WL8 can be done via download?

Looking forward to the many new features (big and small).

I think the price is fair enough. -However-… I gotta say… I only upgraded to W7 because I wanted to go 64 bits. Frankly? I was fairly happy using WL4! (In fact, in some ways—happier as I enjoyed the UI -much- more!)

OK, here’s my disappointment: No improvements to Spectrum Editor… the one thing that really rocks my world in WL7.

Until WL7, I -never- thought I’d even -consider- using another program, but frankly, I’m seeing WL like Microsoft Word: it already did everything I needed and now all that’s left is to make the UI too complicated! :wink: It keeps adding stuff that I will never use… but not the stuff that -would- be useful to me.

I guess I’ll upgrade if only to get a UI that doesn’t drive me nuts. BUT… I find the feature list a bit underwhelming. I’m trying to figure out who it’s for. Or, I may have to give strong consideration to Izotope–a thing I thought I’d never do.

—JC

This easily looks like an improved WL from my desk, let me at it. :sunglasses:

Hello,

I’m not 100% sure regarding an exact date, but it looks rather first have of May (depending on warehouse shipment, starting soon) then end of May. The update from WaveLab 7 to 8 will also be available as download from the Online Shop. It will be 99 Euro.

Thanks,
Timo

Hello Timo,

what about Elements (upgrade from 7)?
Thanks

what about Elements (upgrade from 7)?

49 euros I think.

Thank you PG!

“Major GUI update” … yay! I hope! :wink: