Cubasis 1.3 available now!

Hello Cubasis users,

The 1.3 update is available now!

New Features

• New StudioEQ 4-band EQ (fixed position in every track + available as additional PlugIn).
    New Brickwall Limiter (fixed position in master bus)
    This means that you have now 4 insert effects per track instead of 3!
    FLAC Im- & Export (Import: 8/16/24/32-bit FLAC files, Export: 16-bit 44.1 kHz FLAC files).
    CPU/Polyphony Meter (CPU shows total usage of all cores, polyphony shows current polyphony as a fraction of max. polyphony selected in setup).
    MIDI Panic Button (Tap on button sends MIDI panic signal via CoreMIDI and stops all audio sources played by the audio engine).
    Cubasis can now be assigned as Audiobus input and output simultaneously.

Fixes

• CB-674 Audio routing for insert effects has been corrected to pre fader functionality.
    CB-1052 Input channel assignments of audio tracks will now be saved with the project file.
    CB-1071 Pitch bend data will be moved correctly when copying/pasting MIDI events.
    CB-676 Audio editor ruler labels will now be displayed correct at higher zoom levels.
    CB-843 Fixes a remaining problem where the input metering displays an incorrect value after an external audio device has been connected.
    CB-1077 Fixes a rare issue where mixdown in WAV and/or M4A format could not be completed successfully.
    CB-998 Reverb and delay mix are automatically set to 100% when used as send effects.
    CB-627 Effect overlays no longer get closed by accidental touch while editing parameters.
    CB-1097 The display of level meters (e.g. in the mixer, inspector) is no longer fast-paced.
    CB-535 Changes to send effects are audible immediately after they have been edited.
    CB-1004 File names of audio and MIDI files are now updated correctly in the arrange window if these have been renamed in the editors.
    CB-995 Editing of audio files that have been renamed now works as expected.
    CB-1088 Scrubbing of audio events has been corrected and starts at the position of the cursor.
    CB-382 Multitouch operation in audio editor no longer stops playback.
    CB-427 Opening the audio editor places the playhead at the beginning of the audio file.
    CB-702 Audio editor selection markers snap to the edge of the view.
    CB-839 Creating an audio mixdown during playback no longer provides wrong results.
    CB-931 Audio tracks no longer lose sync if headphones are connected or disconnected during playback.
    CB-1033 Input monitoring no longer bleeds into the audio mixdown.
    CB-1098 Opening a zipped project containing audio tracks from another app like Mail or Safari no longer omits the audio files.

The next update (1.4) will address MIDI clock among other things! :smiley:

Thanks - some great new features and at least a couple of fixes that I have been waiting for!

Superb, this is progressing nicely :smiley: :smiley:

Could not agree moreā€¦ Between Cubasis and its Cubase integration, I am very happy. Ok, how about a great portable hardware interface ā€¦ :smiley:

This is great news. I bought the app because I see great potential, so please keep on improving! A long train ride has already become musically productive with it. Now if I only could rearrange the track orderā€¦

You can! Touch and hold the track label for a second or so and you will see it ā€œghostā€ and can then be dragged to where you want it.

Thanks for the info! And what was the trick again for pitch shifting and time stretching audio? :wink:

Great. Hope itā€™s out soon.

Did you mean Midi Clock will be part of the update?

Hi Bo,
Not this update, the next one (1.4). :slight_smile:

Hi here!

A 4-band parameter EQ and a brickwall limiter will be some nice improvements, espacially for the master audio track. On the top of my feature requests for sure.

Canā€™t wait to remix my projects with these extras features. Nice job Steinberg!

The update is now online! :slight_smile:

Always nice to read thiS kind of post :smiley:

Was the dimming screen issue fixed in this update?

Some good new tools in this latest update and I appreciate the fixes too. Keep up the good work - Cubasis is becoming the leading DAW that we knew that it could be!

:smiley:

Again, WAS the dimming bug fixed in this update or not??

Evidentially, the dimming still exists. This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed and needs to be fixed SOON! This is a great app and is more expensive than most, so please take this problem seriously. I am still going to use it, but come onā€¦please fix this annoying issue. Thank you.

Hello, PLEASE HELP
After updating to 1.3 - Canā€™t import from iPad laibriary

Hi,

itā€™s not your fault, donā€™t worry. I can reproduce the issue and it will be fixed in the next update. It might help to try to import the same file twice.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thanks for your reply and Iā€™ll wait.
Actually I restor all my iPad so itā€™s not because I tried to import same file.
Anyhow thanks again.