Cubase on Pc or a Mac ?

Sorry to report this but you gave up when you told him to “grow up”. The ad hominem fallacy is always the last refuse in any debate. Please take that as a point of order, not a personal attack.

@edz: If you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and building your own PC, I’d suggest you do it. If you decide to go hackintosh, you’ll have to do some research and purchase hardware that’s compatible with the MAC OS. It takes a little work to get OSX running on a Hackintosh platform, but well worth it if you don’t want to spend the money for a true blue MAC. My personal recommendation is to go with Windows 7 x64. If you make the machine a dual-boot, you can have the best of both worlds.

If you prefer MAC over PC (or vice-versa) that’s cool. Use whatever works best for you and use whatever is comfortable for you. Personally, I own a homebrew PC and a MAC mini. I use the PC exclusively for digital music.

But that’s me. :slight_smile: Your Mileage May Vary.

Best,
:Miki.

I have Mac, PC and Hackintosh. I can’t use Cubase 7 on any of them without problems!

I prefer Mac over PC. Not because I’m a fanboy, but because the OS is more elegant. That’s all it boils down to for me.

I will add that after 20+ years of using Cubase around the clock, I find Mac less troublesome and when I do run into problems, they are nowhere near as sever as those on PC. Let the debate continue!!!

what arguing on a thread about which is best ??? :laughing:
just be thankful there’s a choice kiddy winkles !

And you don’t think that sentence wasn’t fanboyish?

How do you define “elegancy” of an OS? And why do you think MacOS is more “elegant”?

Now you’re talkin’ :wink: !

Mauri.

Probably the way it looks.

I guess Windows can also feel a tad clunky ergonomically since there are a couple of common tasks not smoothed out to the point of being at most two-click operations, but that’s usually because there are key commands associated with them instead, and people just don’t know they exist.

It’s either that or subjective preference. Like how OSX handles windowing and fullscreen applications. I hate it, but know a couple guys who like it.

You have proven my point plenty in this thread…

What is the point?

Look, Windows is just terrible in my opinion: crashes, driver issues, slowness, tons of clicks, no terminal, etc…
I moved to Mac many years ago because of the reliability and stability of OS (sure this is also related to the fact that it has to be compatible with few hardware configurations).

I am not a “fanboyish”, but I work with computers and I can assure you that in the professional business (and I am not just talking about music) 90% of people use Macs.

I am still on C6 here, but my experience with W7 x64 + C6 x64 has been a great one. I’ve used Macs for many years, and made a switch a couple of years ago. I don’t know how all those guys run into troubles, but my machine has been performing very well. Maybe had 2 Cubase crashes in a year (I use pretty big VSTi based template for my projects). I consider that as very reliable.

what arguing on a thread about which is best ???
just be thankful there’s a choice kiddy winkles !

Exactly!

For all those who calls MAC useres fanboys: It takes experience to become one. If you’re a fanboy of the MAC it is because you prefere it over the alternative. Sometimes there are good arguments for this preference and sometimes it is just a “feeling”. It is the same the other way around for the fanboys of PC’s. It is like food. Some food have a better taste to some than others, some food can be of documented value to you but not to all people. Some food are good combinations for some but not for all. (If you really are interested in why the two platforms differ, a dive into the Steve Jobs biography might be worth the effort).

My favorite taste when eating Cubase 7 is MAC Pro. I have tasted other meals but they did not appeal to me as much and after trying out several combinations, CB7 and MAC Pro turned out to be the best for my environment too in sence of reduced trouble and headake. Since that is my experience I will continue eating MAC together with Cubase. It is a wonderful combination. Nobody can convince me otherwise. However I have friends and business relations that prefere Cubase with PC. They are satisfied with that. However I must add that I know more people going from PC to MAC than the othere way around, but they (MAC to PC) exist in my environment too! And guess what; wonders of all wonders, there are people out there that prefere things like Protools and even Logic! Can you imagine that!

Evidence? Preferably none anecdotal peer reviewed.

I am not a “fanboyish”, but I work with computers and I can assure you that in the professional business (and I am not just talking about music) 90% of people use Macs.

Link? Preferably none anecdotal peer reviewed.

You Really have to be a blind apple fanatic to not see the difference . Most Windows users see the computer as a tool, no different from their toaster, car or lawn mower. An iSheep sees the computer as a fashion statement, a religious icon and some sort of warped symbol for identifying the “superior and enlightened” beings among mankind. And to fulfill their cause, they must act and behave according to the gospel of Steve Jobs in lock step. - Economist

Usage share of operating systems - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Not exactly the most objective source on the internet but a reasonably good guide for most purposes.

Your opinion is noted. Pointless, but noted :wink:

Hey, don’t use bogus statistics, it makes you look bad.

Besides, all those reasons you listed for a Windows machine not working properly are caused by user error. After a fresh install of Windows, if you’re getting problems with slowness, clicks, or stability, that’s your hardware being whack and you should have done more research about performance and compatibility.

You know, research. That thing professionals do when they want to stay relevant in their field.

Hey Jarno, I mean the aesthetics and ergonomics of the OS. Everything is very nicely done on Mac OS, IMO. I have 20+ years of DOS and Windows under my belt, but left that behind 5 years ago for Mac. I still use a PC as a slave running Ensemble. Nothing against them, but wouldn’t wish to use one as my main system. That’s all.

that’s another incredible thing…which seems to be necessary only on Windows.
In 8+ years of Mac user I haven’t reinstall the OS a single time.

Haha - so true! And no need to dig into the registry and tweak, defrag, run antivirus, the ist goes on…

Man, some of you guys actually do love your machines :laughing: .

Mauri.

You’re absolutely right. A few tweaks, the occasional defrag and a little low level anti-virus… what a bind. Anyone would think it saved you 1000s of Dollars… oh wait!!

:unamused: