[Bug] Audio Tracks Disappear After Undo, Again

After loosing 2 tracks with a Cubasis version 1.1 project Recorded tracks lost, got 129 empty tracks back! - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums, it wasn’t easy to trust version 1.2 for serious recording/arranging.

Yesterday, I spent some time on a new project, where I had erased some silence from audio tracks at the intro. (I also made a mixdown to mail a friend) And eventually I cleaned up some unused audio and midi tracks, when I deleted by accident a fine-tuned track. Of course I hit the UNDO button, so the track was restored. But, it seems, it restored a week old recording from an other project!

So, how is this possible and how do I get the correct track back?

It took me over 1 hour to stroll trough the media library, restore deleted items to audio folder and review the incremental numbered files to finally found a track that was close to what has disappeared.

1. Please guys, fix this undo bug! Fast!
  2. Also the audio/media library design is way too basic. I found various issues that need to be improved (see my topic about the media library [Bug] MediaBay sorting issues - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums)

I have experienced the same ! With several tracks at once. Undo, and the whole project disappeared…

That is one major showstopper, if we cant rely on Cubasis!

I have the Same experience: After pressing undo button all related files were gone. Those files appeared only in colours without any audio material.

Hello Marcel,

Could you please provide exact steps to reproduce the issue?
Also, was the original project created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)?
How many audio tracks were used in the project?
And how many audio files were used in the project?

Hi,
I borrow this thread to bring in my experiences with the same exact problem. The significant thing here is that I just lost tracks the first time, and I have been using Cubasis on several occasions:

1. In my project - made on version 1.3 - there were two vocal tracks, a drum machine track recorded via Audiobus and another percussion track recorded by using Audiobus.

2. I moved the other vocal track by accident while inserting fade out.

3. When I chose Undo, Cubasis said that the backup version of my project is missing.

4. Next both the drum and percussion tracks were missing.

Following this, I recorded a new synth track using iMini. After the track was recorded, I was still in iMini playing the project via Audiobus. Suddenly the other vocal track ceased to play. When I checked what’s going on, the vocal track had disappeared from my Cubasis project even though I was not in Cubasis.

This is indeed a major showstopper: I cannot rely on Cubasis saving my work properly. Neither can I save my project myself as a backup since there is no Save as-option.

Undo button erased recordings here also…recordings through Audiobus

Same problem with 1.3 here: lost multiple audio tracks twice today after pressing “undo”. Project with 8 tracks: track 1, 2, 7 midi, track 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 audio tracks via Audiobus. Ipad 3 with 64 Gb, IOS 6.1.2

Hi there,

We have more questions to be able to solve the problem. Could you please answer them?

• Was the audio editor open when you tapped undo?
  • Was this the first time you used undo in the project?
  • Were all the audio files recorded or did you imported some or all from existing audio files from the Mediabay?
  • Did you use the audio editor a lot in the project? Did you use it for all the different audio files?

Thank you in advance!

Hi All,

sorry, could not reproduce here.

to reproduce this issues I need following detailed infos :

• Has the original project been created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)?
  • How many audio tracks are used in the project?
  • How many audio files are used in the project?
  • Were all the audio files recorded or did you imported some or all from existing audio files from the Mediabay?
  • Did you use the audio editor a lot in the project? Did you use it for all the different audio files?

best jan

to reproduce this issues I need following detailed infos :

→ No

→ No

• Has the original project been created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)?
    → No

→ 5

→ not sure. 3 tracks recorded live via Audiobus, 2 tracks with imported audio via AudioCopy

→ see above

→ No

No

Yes

No

2 audiotracks, 2 miditracks

Midi import from Mediabay, audio recorded with Audiobus : iMini and bassguitar

Never used the audio editor

Greetings,
Jürgen

Hi all,

thank you for the Infos !!

We check this for 4 hours and we can reproduce this issue for one time.
But all tracks are available, it’s looks like an random issue.
We are investigate.

best
jan

Do I understand you were able to reproduce this issue once?
That would be great news, for I can’t reproduce it. It just SEEM to happen at random in 25% of my projects.

Providing exact steps is almost impossible. Since Cubasis, Audiocopy and other apps are relative new for me, there is a lot of trial and error involved during the recording.

• In all cases I used Audiobus to record various sources,
  • I always started with a fresh project for both v1.2 and v1.3,
  • I had about 3-5 audio tracks,
  • I did record several takes before I found a recording I could use,
  • In all cases I had been using the audio editor (but was closed during the undo),
  • Using undo the first time or multiple times isn’t relevant,
  • I never imported audiofiles.

I hope this helps.

Also. If I would guess where the problem can be found, I would say; check the automated naming convention for recorded audio tracks. The naming seems not very logic to me with so many duplicate names and numbering.
Also the mediabay does not seem to reflect the same filenames!

Ive recorded via audiobus a sunrizer audiofile.
Accidently hit delete then undo and the audiofile dosnt come back.
No audio editor was used
It was a fresh 1.3 projekt.
It was a 2 midi 2 audio file test projekt.

Regards, jan

today one hour recoding are gone.
hit undo, it appears a massage: could not locate the backup file of …(song name)

i´ve recording some audio tracks via audio bus. cubasis 1.3, ipad4

so i will not work with cubasis anymore till this is fixed.

Hello peeps, first time on here but Im having similar problems as above. Recording a piece earlier (4 tracks, various inputs sunrizer, novation, through Audiobus), went to undo a small deletion one of the tracks and up pops a box stating “could not find trackname backup file”. The file which I now have contains only one track so I have lost all the other recordings of the tracks.

This happened last week also. Tried to open a recording which was saved, Cubasis seemed to take ages to open it, then nothing happened. The file became some kind of phantom file dated 1986!!!

What is going on here? Im on iPad 3, running iOS and the very latest Cubasis (including recent update)

THis is making me seriously rethink Cubasis as a reliable tool.

i am having the exact same problems, its only started happening again since i updated to version 1.3. very frustrating

Hello,

thank you for your reports. You would help us a lot if you provide us answers to the following questions:

Thanks for your help and kind regards,
Frieder

No
  • Was this the first time you used undo in the
    No
    No
    3 to 6 (has happened on various projects today alone)
    3 to 6, i primarily use audio
    recorded
    No

Hello,

could you check whether the filenames of your audio or your project contained any umlauts? We identified them as one cause of the issues.

Kind regards,
Frieder