Cubasis 1.3 sneak preview!

Will 1.3 have the ability to save mix downs as mp3 (320k) vs m4a (256k) :question:

Hello,

1.3 will not contain updates regarding file formats. Mixdown of m4a in 256k is already possible, isn’t it?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Really like the look of Cubasis Mixer channels. Cubase 7 should get some of that action :sunglasses:

Care to share any more ‘sneak previews’, any info appreciated. :wink:

Rob

Hi,
Yes, Mixdown of m4a in 256k is already possible.
The mp3 320k format sounds better and is 1 million times more compatible than the m4a 256k format.
(Even in your own app)

Don’t believe me, do this test.
Email yourself a CUBASIS Mixdown in the m4a 256k format.
Now download the file
After it has fully downloaded, press and hold the file.
Now you will get the option to “open In” several apps.
(CUBASIS will be one of them.)
Tap on CUBASIS and see what happens…
Nothing.

Now Email yourself a mp3 file (created from a different app)
Repeat the above steps…
It will work every time.

So, since saving in the mp3 format is not being addressed in this release, maybe allow the m4a format to “open in” CUBASIS from emai?

New EQ looks great! Thank you for that. I’m really into messing with those elements when mixing, so this is a great addition. :smiley:

Can u please respond???

Hello,

sorry, I somewhat thought I had already answered you. Yes, we are aware of this problem. Can you try whether you are able to open the m4a file with other apps?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hey i cant Import now an Audio file in my Audio Ordner.
Before i Update it Works.
Thanks herb

I can Open the file in Garage Band no Problem
Thanks herb

No worries,
The only app that opens the m4a file:
AMPKIT

There are several apps that say that can open the m4a file, but don’t:
DJay
CUBASIS
NLog Pro
Sample Wiz
Loopy HD
Magellan
ThumbJam
JamUp Pro

Hello,

thanks for trying it out. This is consistent to the feedback that I got from development. It seems that iOS changes the extension of the file in between. However, we might be able to provide a fix in the future.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thanks so much for checking with your development team. I use CUBASIS everyday. i will be on the look out for a fix for this issue.
(I see that saving in the FLAC Format was added to version1.3, maybe add saving to the MP3 320k format will be in version 1.4’s future???)

Hello Herb,

I am sorry that you experience issues with Cubasis.

Could you be a little more specific so that we can reproduce your issue? For instance:

• What type of file are you importing?
  • How did you try to import that file (WiFi-Server, iTunes, Email)?
  • What happens? Do you see an error message? If yes, what error message do you see?

Thanks and kind regards,
Frieder

hi, apologies in advance, if this has already been answered. I have tried reviewing the doc, and it is not clear to me.
With the new flac import/export into cubasis1.3 … (q) does cubasis operate natively in flac, or does it have to always convert the flac files t .wav in order for them to be accessible in MediaBay so that they can be utilised?
(my flac files seem to alway get converted to .wav …)
thanks in advance
regards,
/Stef

Hello,

yes, you are right. The files are always converted.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Please see the attached screenshot.

It says the following:

Unsupported File Format
The Selected song’s file format (m4a) is not supported.
Only MP3 M4A and WAV files can be imported.

What is the difference between m4a and M4A ???

Hello,

yes, you have encountered a bug (for a workaround see Computer für Audioanwendungen - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums). We know of this bug and it will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi Frieder,
The workaround link that you attached to this thread only takes you to the top of this page.
Could you please insert the link that will take us to the workaround?

Thanks,
PTFI

Hello,

yes, I can. Below is my reply from the other thread.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hello,

we know of this issue and it will be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, I can only recommend to import the files from your library using another technique, for instance iTunes File Sharing. If you have further questions let me know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Frieder