CD Master Burn and todays 52x burners

What software are you using when you tried to burn (and got these errors)?
What type of files are you using in this program?
What type of CD blanks are you using?
Was the precess different than the one you listed below, using AIF and Studio 1 ?

I can’t say why you cannot burn slower than 12x. It could be a Studio 1 issue, Burner issue, or the CD blanks you are using.

I know that with An older version of Wavelab (5), I had to be sure that we purchased a compatible drive (not all work well with the software). And you had to have the right driver. See if Studio one says anything on their forum about compatibility issues with your burner model #.

Also check to see what the specs are for the burner, it may not support low speed burns.

When I first started using Wavelab, Plextor drives were recommended. But over time Plextor discontinued certain drives, and started selling rebranded “Lite-on” drives that did not play well with Wavelab-5.

For CD pressing I have used Wavelab-5 and Sony CD-Architect. They both have their plus and minuses.
CD-Architect may not be getting much more development.

Depending upon the way you work, there are some nice tie-in features when using Cubase & Wavelab.
We mix in Nuendo, export AES-31, open AES-31 file in wavelab, and burn.
When you import the AES, it will point to the desired audio files from your Nuendo/Cubase project, place them in a montage in the correct order (the order used in Cubendo, not alphabetical order). Wavelab can import start and end markers (that you manually inserted in Cubendo), or you can use the Wavelab wizard to place all start and end marks at once.

See if they have a demo version for you to try.
If you decide to use Wavelab, check the forum to see what drives people like, or what drives have issues.

No, As far as mastering is concerned you will gain nothing by moving to Nuendo (unless you happen to need the Nuendo specific features). You have the choice of preparing the files for CD-pressing in Nuendo or using a good mastering program to process the files before pressing. That is simply a matter of how you like to work. You can end up with the same result both ways.