MidiGuitar software - by JamOrigion

I guess you also also like Metheny, McLaughlin, Bruford a.o. :wink:
Since I could never hope to get a Synthaxe which I absolutely fell in love with when it was first introduced, I discovered Pat Metheny used a Roland GR300 so figured years later that I wouldn’t be going wrong with Roland GR gear.

The YRG is in many respects similar to the Synthaxe, but if only they would mount the neck on a different angle like the Synthaxe - that really enamoured me to it.

Re Steve Clark ,
Wait 'til he gets older and has a lot of back problems - mark my words! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW Steve, how is it for weight compared to a conventional guitar? Does it feel like a toy, or does it have some substance? I remember the Synthaxe weighed a ton.

I haven’t even heard the word Synthaxe in a very long time and yes you’re right about Pat Metheny and John McLaughlin. I had first seen McLaughlin when he played with Billy Cobham and Mahavishnu Orchestra maybe 1973???. My jaw dropped …he was spectacular and I had never heard anyone play drums like Billy Cobham.

As for the GR33. Have had zero free time this week. After work I have been welding and grinding steel to finish building this giant log splitter. I am getting too old to be out muscling steel. Or the steel that make these days is heavier than it used to be.

I wish I had been able to express the thoughts I had about your new experience with the new guitar. Those thoughts you express are almost exactly what I was thinking…it did make you smile when you first heard it …didn’t it?

Hah, the name didn’t really click :blush: Back then a lot of my mates were into Def Leppard, I however, was in a kind of ‘numb’ phase.

That picture of Steve Clark brought back an odd memory for me. August 16 1969…Asbury Park Convention Hall in New Jersey Led Zeppelin… Jimmy Page played the entire show with the guitar hung very low like this and was bent over at the waste playing it for over 2 hours…ouch!

Before the show, two other friends were talking about forgetting going to the concert and just driving up the New York Thruway to go to Woodstock. They were saying that they heard there were 500,000 people there and it was a wild show, etc etc. I told them " we paid $4.50 for these tickets and now you want to just throw them away?"

Show was good. Besides Woodstock tickets were $15.00 :slight_smile:

@Knuckle47
Such is life.

Steve ,
I’m about 5 yrs older than you…you’re gonna love this one. Also in New Jersey, I think it was 1967. The Cream in Union Catholic High School auditorium. Tickets were $3.00 each. We moved to Florida that spring and I met a few people from the apartment complex we lived in in south Miami and got tickets to see The Doors at Dinner Key Auditorium. We were so psyched out to go see Jim Morrison and then the s#!t hit the fan. They started playing “Touch Me” when Morrison said " hey you in the light crew, you want to kiss my ass…you can all s*ck my ass". Started to take his pants off n stage and then the lights came up, cops were all over the stage and it was over.

I saw things there at 14 I’d never seen before. Besides hippy chicks there was a guy with a long robe on with an American Flag cape carrying a baby goat. Smoked my first joint that night and within a few weeks Jackie Gleason and Anita Bryant were hosts at a “decency in music” rally at the Orange bowl. Those were my formative years. There were a ton of “firsts” to come

Early 1968 we went to the Seminole Indian rock festival a 3 day thing. The night I went, the announcer said" we have a guy who’s is not scheduled to play tonight but he wants to get his name spread around so let me introduce…Johnny Winter" I was almost 15 and that was nearly 45 years ago

What a long strange trip it’s been…

Steve,

I am glad to see your enjoying the YRG. As you said, the more you play it the better it gets. I’ve seen it with my own rekindling love of the GR33 and all in the last two weeks…haha

Make some notes as I am sure you will discover so much more about connectivity … I did update my 2x2 midi sport with their 8x8/s version (M-audio). I figured I needed better flexibility for so many other midi devices hanging around and I’ve been following your activities , it just made sense and for $65.00 it was ok.

By the way, the only 3 day show I ever went to was Watkins Glen for the Allman Brothers, the Band and the Grateful Dead. Yup, another story but hey. 450,000 people…so they said. Hot as hell and we were at the base of the stage. I went through the very deep crowd to get my friend and I a jug of water…on the way back every other person on the ground asked " hey man, can I have a hit?" Ok…by the time I got back to my friend, the gallon was near empty. :open_mouth:

Ha!

If it were I, every time someone asked for a hit, I would have kicked 'em in the bewhoositz with my steel toed boot, or urinated on their head lice!

Damned hippies.

:laughing:

I’ve decided to go with the Fishman Triple Play system myself.

THAT is on my list…I had gotten a note from Fishman stating that the unit is shipping now. My problem is that I cant be parting with the cost to get it right now. So I updated my MIDI instead

My guess Draconis is you know of these “hippies” …haha … I was trying to be kind…too kind. On the other hand, today where I live…it is “F U…me first !”

Steve, That crown I need from the root canal is something I am still waiting for 2 years later…My dentist did something with the white stuff used for fillings and between it and that killer blue light that hardens it, it holds for now

1 Like

You’re mistaken.

The Fishman is a complete system. It requires no Roland gear to function.

Not only that, but at http://www.zzounds.com, you can buy one for 4 easy payments of $99.95!

No, only wireless.

Well, I imagine that the “wiz” played with this thing a lot more than 2-3 times. :wink:

Act NOW and we’ll may double your order

Draconis is right…it’s just that disc man looking thing and there is no wired version. And as Drac said…their wizard makes it sound amazing but I do think its probably very close to the performance demo. I had read a bit on it over the last few months

Steve, sorry to hear about that tooth. A year ? The freakin thing must has really started to let you know it was there. I know we discussed going only when it was REALLY necessary. Around here it’s about 900 for the root canal. That’s what my dentist charged me and IF you think you’re going to be needing a few more visits, check into dental insurance. It’s coverage sucks and likely has not kept pace with the times in 20 years regarding payments, but it may be cheaper to pay the monthly premium and get $1500.00 in annual coverage then to pay the dentist. Pays to check

Akamarko, a user here, did a few tutorial videos and posted a song where he used the YRG and he runs a very nice website called Music for iPad. You may be interested. I know you don’t iAnything.

No, there will be none of that!

However, Zzounds has done right by me. The only problem I have with them is that they’re also in NJ, so I have to also pay slaves tax @ 7.25%!

BTW, my complete set of dentures will cost less than that root canal. :wink:

Try http://www.vitalsavings.com/. The program is cheap, and it gives you access to reduced pricing available to Aetna covered dental patients. The savings can be pretty significant, and most dentists are probably willing to cover you under this very cheap plan.

So, we share that same problem

What dentists and doctors charge you is significantly more than what they negotiated with the insurance company. When dental insurance went away I got my dentist to agree to let me pay the rate the big insurance companies pay. Worth a little eyeball to eyeball time. If he won’t take the deal try the next one down the road

Tooth decay? :smiley:

I presume that was what you meant, since I happen to like NJ.

If you’re anywhere near Hackensack, HUMC has a dental program that could save you some serious money.