Your Orchestral Templates - Workflow - Grouping ?

Because of Cubase’s inability to sort VST rack Instruments is the reason why I use Instrument Tracks exclusively. Luckily, Superior Drummer lets me bounce each drum individually outside of Cubase, and then I re-import them into the session. I find this method more efficient for me, but some people may not like it and opt for a multiout workflow instead.

As far as Orchestral instruments go, I make use of VST Expression Maps to sort out all the articulations that belong to a single instrument (I.e. 1st Violins articulations are all loaded into a single PLAY instance). Then I group, and also put into folders, all the Orchestral instruments according to their respective family. All Strings will go into a STRINGS folder/group, all Percussion will go into a PERCUSSION folder/group, etc. From there, all groups output to the Master Bus. I also setup FX channels with instances of QL Spaces and load it up with reverbs corresponding to the instrumental family (I.e. String Verb, Percussion Verb, etc). You can then use sends to send whatever amount of reverb you deem correct for each instrument.

This method works great for me, and it’s what I’ve been using for a while now. YMMV.